1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade CW for Ben Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 1, 2021.

?

Would you trade CW for Ben Simmons?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

So would I but Morey wouldnt

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Nice to know Morey still follows the Rockets. Lol

3. MystikArkitect

I wanted to before but I'm tired of the drama around this team. Just tank for Chet and keep KPJ on the shortest of leashes. Get rid of Wood.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For me, it's a "No" not because I am unwilling to trade CW, but because I absolutely do not want Simmons on the team. The guy is a mental midget, one of the poorest shooters around, a drama making diva, and IMO a liar that is shamelessly using mental issues as a last ditch excuse.

5. TimDuncanDonaut

Cwood stock has fallen for me a bit. But still a firm no, do not want Simmons.

Corrosion, Zen Tabak and harold bingo like this.
  6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We need a leader and Wood or Gordon is not a leader. We need Simmons!!! He would be our point guard, defense stopper and leader on the court.

Trade:

Sacramento trade DeAaron Fox to Philly
    Philly trade Simmons to Rockets
    Rockets trade Wood to Kings and trade Gordon to Philly
    Rockets give Kings 2 FRP and Rockets give Philly 1 FRP

Philly would have Fox and Gordon....a championship team
    Kings would get Wood and Halliburton would be the leader and star
    Rockets would get Simmons

Rockets:

PG: Simmons
    SG: Green
    SF: Porter
    PF: Mathews
    C: Sengun

Then I would let them play together for about 15 games, then Porter is out for the season because he has that bad thigh problem.
    Simmons is out because of a right or left ankle. Then let Green shoot the ball 20 times a game to get the Rookie of the Year trophy and thumb his nose to Cade. Finally we get the 2nd pick again next year and we either get Chet or Pablo.

Honestly i would give all of Net's picks to either the Kings or Philly because we need a STAR on this team and I believe Green can score 20 points game right now in every game this season and will be a STAR next year. You only need two to three STARS to contend.

verysimplejason likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

The day Ben Simmons is traded will be the greatest day!

Philadelphia’s long nightmare will be over and so will the Simmons threads on this BBS!

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Simmons is a great playmaker only in transition. In a half court offense he is quite useless because of his inability (and unwillingness) to shoot. Defenses just sag off of him and it's pretty much 4 on 5. That would have been fine if he wasn't the primary ball handler. He could play the Capela role. But his narcissistic mind would not let him do that.

If people here hate Wood's me-first attitude, wait will Simmons becomes a Rocket.

Believe It! likes this.
  9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

No way in hell should they give up Cardboard and Gordon (best tradable assets) PLUS 3 first rdrs and only receive Simmons.

Easy likes this.
  10. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

What i like about Ben Simmons is his cutting to the basket, pick and roll plays and posting up small players than himself. in the half court offense. Rodman could not shoot but he is a HALL FAMER and i do not think Bulls would have won all of those Championships without him,,,,,i would give up all of the net's picks and any player except Sengun, Green and Christopher also our pick this year.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He has a decent on-court IQ it's true, in terms of vision and reaction.

But he doesn't necessarily have an IQ on what his team needs to do to win. He can get deflated very easily against a difficult defense and become completely passive and deferential. He doesn't work on weaknesses of his game in the offseason, according to team chatter (not to be confused with gym work ethic, which he appears to have). He doesn't gel well with coaches, going back to his pre-draft scouting reports. Basically, he just doesn't adapt well, short term or long term. I believe that's part of IQ, studying the game and one-upping your competition.

In some ways he reminds me of the negative sides of Harden or McGrady without the HOF upside. Harden became passive too often too, but he was a student of the game, as are guys like Paul, Kobe, Ariza.

To me this means if you throw him out in a pickup game where no one has the advantage of structure, he'll be great. If you are in a 7 game series where adjustments matter and systems matter, he is going to struggle.

Easy likes this.