1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Andre Johnson for Darrelle Revis?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Aug 4, 2010.

?

Johnson for Revis?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. No

214 vote(s)
    91.5%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Who is younger, that is who I would go for...

DD

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Don't we have the youngest team in the league? No love for a life long Texan?

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Usually the wide out is the person labeled as the drama queen. Calvin and Andre Johnson are the least out of all dramatic and I'd take either one of them over any primadona CB, QB, or WR.

I'll take AJ as well.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No chance in hell you trade Andre. That said, it probably wouldn't hurt to send out a feeler to the Jets to see if they are open to trading Revis if you are willing to meet his contract demands. Two first round picks and likely a third or fourth rounder and they may make the trade

5. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=175124&page=1&pp=20

Last year around this time was "Would you trade AJ for Nnamdi?" and it was a much closer call. Though I think shutdown corners are harder to find, the top 3 will almost always be changing, whereas AJ will be 1-2 with Fitzy for quite a while longer.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Andre, by around four years.

Me, I stick with the best player who's ever worn a Texan's uniform, team leader, company guy, highly respected around the NFL, doesn't showboat or mouth off, anti-diva, and all around class act.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you mean Revis is younger by 4 years but that's a silly way to choose a player.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Interesting tidbit I read/heard today about Revis. Apparently Revis is being advised by his uncle, Sean Gilbert, who once sat out an ENTIRE season in a contract dispute with the Redskins. Gilbert ended up getting the contract he wanted and Casserly would go on to admit that it was because he sat out the season.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

mario is younger than vince.

1 person likes this.
  10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

JVG is younger than RA :grin:

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

chris bosh is younger than spanoulis!

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And now the Jets are appearing to be playing hard ball by acting like he's replaceable. Both the owner and Rex Ryan have publicly stated they are ready to move on without him this year. They also were pretty well prepared for this by picking up Cromatie (who sucks) and drafting Kyle Wilson (who is good).

I'd say the Jets have handled everything about as well as can be. Revis will have to make the decision now.

13. raj87

raj87 Member

I predict that Revis will be traded to Baltimore for Willis McGahee and a 1st round pick.

14. msn

msn Member

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

15. msn

msn Member

good for them. the douchebag has had one good year--ONE.

16. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Some people say a cucumber tastes better than a pickle.

17. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. msn

msn Member

AJ asked for more money in the middle of his contract, and he's done it twice now. I don't like that very much, but:

What sets him apart from Reavis (or however you spell the douche's name) and other guys is he hasn't held out for long stretches of camp (iirc).

That's my main thing. You can piss and moan and try to work the system for your millions--I don't like it but I get it: make your money now before you blow a knee out. But while you piss and moan and haggle, get your entitled, prima donna ass in to work like the rest of us.

For me, "holdouts" do just as much damage to a player's public persona as steroids. Seriously. At least the cheater comes to work.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yep, AJ went to practice and said something like "I'll let my agent handle the contract" He wanted to get back to field, back to his team. He wanted to play football. Revis just wants to be the highest paid cb in the league.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Plus AJ deserved his deal to be restructured. If Fitzgerald is the top grossing wide out in the league AJ should at least be #2.