1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade AJ for Luck?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by kevC, Oct 17, 2011.

?

Luck for AJ?

1. Peyton 2.0 plz

98 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Hell no, best WR for rookie QB? No thanks

88 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. kevC

kevC Member

Let's say a team that already has a good up-and-coming QB ends up with the worst record and decides to cash in on the Luck-a-palooza (Rams? Panthers?). Would you trade Andre Johnson for him?

I know most people's gut reaction will be "hell no, why would I trade the best WR in the league for a rookie that's never played a snap in the league"? But, Luck is probably the most sure thing QB to come out since Peyton Manning and it is 10 times harder to find an elite QB than an elite receiver.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No.... That would mean Andre goes to a horrible team.. I'd show him a lil more respect than that........... But if it wasnt for that ...Yep!!!

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

sadly, only if we win 6 games or less this year.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Johnson, Wayne & Collie. Yikes.

5. No Worries

No Worries Member

No. AJ made David Carr look OK on occasion. Think about that. Also Schaub has decidedly looked pedestrian in AJ's absence.

6. kevC

kevC Member

But look at this ****!

We all know he can throw
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oMz9nwy7yYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He can run
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S4_w-puInqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He can catch
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9HbXGCN807k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He can tackle?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RF9PFJI_t5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What makes you think that team would trade Luck for Andre? They suck the whole season to be able to draft Luck and then trade him for an aging receiver?

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

Absolutely. Luck's the complete package -- prototypical size, elite skill-set, very cerebral, proven winner. Plus, he's from Houston, having played his HS ball at Stratford. We'd definitely have to throw in a couple of sweeteners to seal the deal, as most teams would be reluctant to flip one of the most promising QB prospects in decades for a 30 yr old WR. But, it would be well worth it... Luck's the future of the NFL.

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

Ryan Leaf was supposed to be a sure-fire, cant-miss QB. Sorry, I don't trade a proven commodity like AJ for a QB that hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

Purely hypothetical cause it would never happen of course.

i would hate to see AJ leave, and i'd hate to see the the offense struggle a little until they fill out the WR position, but yes. Having a QB like Luck for the next 13 years would be a great luxury to have.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

What if it's St. Louis or Carolina that end up with the #1? Both have #1 draft pick QB's. The Texans suck too much to not seriously consider such a trade. I am certain St. Louis would make this trade to get a legit #1 for Bradford and the same for Carolina.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

It's still all hypothetical. It will never happen.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

Leaf wasn't that much of a sure fire guy by any means. He had maturity and leadership flaws coming out, in addition to his accuracy and football knowledge. He just dazzled people with his raw physical characteristics.

14. weslinder

weslinder Member

The last two guys I remember being hyped this much were Alex Smith and Reggie Bush. So I wouldn't.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

THEY'RE 3-3! I realize that might register as disappointing....

1 person likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep, and given AJ is getting injured a lot more often and is over 30...yes....in a heartbeat.

DD

17. rockets934life

Why would someone trade #1 pick in the new CBA for Andre? Love the guy but he is a 30 year old reciever with injury questions. It will take a ton more to get the #1 pick, probably multiple 1st and 2nds.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Member

I would think that that the Panthers or the Rams would want more than just one player, even if he is Andre. They would want a couple of stud or up and coming players and multiple draft picks.

19. juicystream

juicystream Member

There is no such thing as a sure thing. Right now, the Texans are competing for a division title, and QB isn't a weakness. If you trade Andre, WR is a serious weakness, with a rookie QB.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

i don't remember Alex being hyped that much really. I remember he was considered the clear #1 pick for the franchise, but I remember that was more due to circumstance than how great he actually was.

Bush, yes, he was hyped a ton.

I really can't remember a QB with so few negatives and so many positives as Luck. Size, arm, smart, athletic, leader, played in a good conference and played in a pro style offense