1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would you take luka doncic now or james harden from age 20-30 starting now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Nov 24, 2019.

?

would you take luka doncic now or james harden from age 20-30 starting now?

1. doncic now

60.7%
  2. 20 year-old harden now

39.3%
  1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t believe that for a second. IF Doncic is a better passer it’s by the slimmest of margins at best.

I have heard several mention Harden as the best passer in the NBA.

You double Harden because you are confident that his teammates won’t punish you, not because Harden isn’t the same level of passer.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He is a limited passer when trying to pass right to left. That was well documented last year, and smart defenses exploited it. Not sure how anyone can think Harden is a better passer than LeBron James, just to take one obvious example.

And Doncic, like LeBron, uses his height and overhead pass to deliver the ball at angles Harden would never try.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I wont speak on Lebron, but its obvious from last night that Harden's scoring is more valuable than Donic's passing. The gap between the scoring is a lot greater than the passing.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Well yeah I didn’t say everyone KNOWS that Harden is the best passer in the league.

Several have made the point that they believe Harden may be the best passer, including Zach Lowe.

I believe Harden has been voted in the GM survey as one of the best 3-5 best passers in the league for several years now.

Point being, there isn’t a player in the NBA who is clearly a “superior” passer to Harden. There may be a handful who you could say are better, but it’s not gonna be by much.

And the difference in the passing abilities of Harden and Doncic is not why teams decide to double Harden and haven’t decided to double Luka yet.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

That's not the question here, though. The question is more 'will the gap between scoring 6 years from now be there?'. You are comparing Harden now to Luca now---the question is comparing Luka in the future to Harden now.

Which naturally makes the question impossible to really answer, but probably fun to discuss anyway.

That we're even comparing Luka now to Harden now indicates just how much farther ahead Luka now is than Harden then. I suspect Luka now is farther ahead than anyone ever in NBA history at this age. In fact, I'm pretty positive about that. He is definitely ahead of MJ and LBJ. He'd be ahead of Magic, statistically. Only other person I can even think to put on the list would be Wilt. Yes, he's behind Wilt, statistically. So, not quite the most advanced statistics at this age than anyone ever, but there's only 1 player he's behind...and that's the actual GOAT. So, Luka is on pace for SGOAT?

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I predicted luka to be a superstar before the draft. Thought ppl were sleeping on him because he was a white euro who wasn’t a big man. So he didn’t have the athleticism to succeed in the nba.

it’s like those same ppl forgot he was 6’7

now I didn’t think he would be this good ever.

he’s having a historic season if he can keep it up. That’s the big question. We’re not even 20 games in but it’s clear he is a star and a winner.

he’s like harden and Lebron in that regard. U can put those guys with any team and there floor is gonna be 45 wins.

that’s amazing for a 20 year old guy.

but I don’t see luka avg 36 and 38 ppg.

I do think we’re numb to Harden scoring now.

It’s getting to the point that if he doesn’t have 35+ it’s a bad game and that’s crazy when u think about.

It’s crazy how teams are trapping harden at half court when he’s by himself. Their that worried about him dropping 50 points.

hopefully when EG returns that will help free harden up.

I’m noticing him giving the ball up more in the backcourt to Russ and rivers than normal. Imo that’s a good thing he can go try and free himself up closer to the basket instead of having to dribble the ball up the court 94 ft to try and score or make a play.

8. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Doncic easy. And he is Top 3 in the league already. Probably the best player but I'll throw a bone to LeBron and Giannis if they want it.

9. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Sorry. Doncic is already better than Harden. It is what it is.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.