1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you take Dwight Howard for the vet minimum?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Jul 5, 2019.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

secret melo account detected.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the STARS played poorly. what do you not understand about that being the main factor in the slow start ? melo was irrelevant. your highest paid players were trash, therefore the team was trash. you are trying to create a different narrative to scapegoat melo and justify what happened to him. he does not handle the ball and control the offense so how was he a factor in the stars playing like **** ? im convinced many of you didnt even watch the games just looked at the box score. cp3 said melo did everything that was asked of him while he was here, but i guess ill take the word over some random CF poster over cp3.....LOL

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

how was he any worse than anyone else ? all players are not equal in their responsibilities to the team. the stars are needed to perform a lot more than melo, so if your best players arent playing well, guess what happens ? the team loses. i cant believe i have to explain this to people.

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You have some serious issues with reading comprehension so this is going to be my last post, I'm done with this discussion. Nobody said Melo was the main factor. The highest paid players played poorly, that is true. It was a bigger problem (or factor) than Melo playing poorly, that is also true. All players are not equal in their responsibilities to the team, also true. You're saying a lot of true things here that nobody disagrees with, you don't have to explain this **** to anyone. But none of this matters because the only thing being discussed here is that Melo was ONE of the problems, he was ONE factor, and he deserves SOME of the blame (more than 0%). That's all anyone is saying. And you are saying he deserves 0%, and that's wrong. Nothing I have said here contradicts what Chris Paul said about Melo.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why not
    Could be as good as NeNe

Rocket River

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

youre wrong, there are people here DO blame melo. they believe the problems started by signing him, and ended when he was released.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

100% yes. we have no backup center. we NEED a quality backup big.

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I wouldn’t take Dwight Howard at minimum wage.

rgw20014life and thedreamsteam like this.
  10. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

You act like the man hasn't averaged 16-12 in his down years. In his prime he was actually pretty good (not great) in the post. He averaged 27-15 when Harden epic choked that first year of the playoffs against the blazers. When Harden got better, that's when Dwight got worse, and then his touches decreased every season and he was so bad, that he averaged about 15-12 ... even with all those inefficient post touches.

People can join the bandwagon and crap on his attitude and his fts and whatnot, but has there been a single season where he wasn't averaged Capela's numbers? Even last year's injury-ridden season he was averaging 10-10 on limited minutes.

I'm not saying he's some kind of star by any means (or that he's hakeem on the block), but he aint the trash people say he is, when he's even remotely healthy.

11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

If he could have a brain transplant, then we consider.

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

What about that comment do you fee like you refuted. Dwight’s athleticism was so elite that he could have averaged 20 and 15 without a play ever being run for him through transition, lobs, dunks and putbacks. Greatest garbage man ever and his teams would have been better for it.

13. hcw128

hcw128 Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/15596878/dwight-howard-qa-superman-returns

ESPN:
    You mentioned your season in Houston didn't end the way you wanted. You have also admitted you were "disinterested" during parts of the year. Why was that?

Howard: "There were times I was disinterested because of situations that happened behind the scenes that really hurt me. It left me thinking, 'This is not what I signed up for.'''

ESPN: What specifically are you referring to?

Howard: "I felt like my role was being reduced. I went to [Rockets general manager] Daryl [Morey] and said, 'I want to be more involved.' Daryl said, 'No, we don't want you to be.' My response was, 'Why not? Why am I here?' It was shocking to me that it came from him instead of our coach. So I said to him, 'No disrespect to what you do, but you've never played the game. I've been in this game a long time. I know what it takes to be effective.'''

"As a big, someone who has been the focal point of the team, who is still young, who still has some great years in front of me, you run the floor, you sprint as hard as you can, you duck in, and still, you don't get the ball. It brings you down. It sucks the energy out of you.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kill this dumbass thread!

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

hartenstein got injured tonight...

16. hcw128

hcw128 Member

Rockets are now interested in:
    Tyson Chandler
    Pau Gasol
    Andrew Bogut
    Zaza Pachulia

tc0330 likes this.
  17. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

So because you think he could've been the best garbage man ever and massively underachieved, you wouldn't take him for the MLE? Instead you'd prefer Hartenstein or something? And I doubt his magic teams wouldve been better with him getting less touches.

I think there's a massive misconception that Dwight didn't do rim rums and crash the glass. He did every year he played for us. Of course he wanted the ball more and was only efficient in it in his first season during the playoffs against the blazers, but it's not like he quit on us because he was unhappy or was some cancer on his way out. We simply just lost in the playoffs against the warriors.

18. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

he can act as nene role

19. JW86

JW86 Member

He will go to the clippers.

Bearius Jones likes this.
  20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Same guy that let is BF get too rough on his butterior that sidelined him for months?