1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2014.

?

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

1. Yes

18.5%
  2. No

81.5%
  1. langal

langal Member

Sorry if I am wrong. Seems like something like this is just going to start an argument.

The results are meaning less. In another poll it seems like 80 percent of you only like the Rockets because of Dean Cooper. In another poll over half of u think Dean was holding back the team.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wow so 54% of fans on this site don't even like the Rockets lol.

Why are you even here? Go away

3. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

People follow sports teams for various reasons. And following his/her favorite player is definitely one of the most important ones. Some chose to stay when the player was traded and some chose to move on and root for the player's new team. There is really no surprise here. 90% of Lin fans may not be hardcore Rockets fans as many old members here. But I think some CFs had the wrong mentality on Lin's popularity. His presence did add some butt hurt threads to this forum and created a lot of meaningless arguments. But many bball fans outside of Houston chose to root for Houston because of him and some of them become life long Rockets fans. Yao brought a lot of new blood to the fan base. So does Lin. And that's a good thing for the franchise. Rockets' popularity in Asian market is incomparable. Remember all these shoe deals Rockets role players got from Chinese companies? Players benefited from it and the team also enjoyed more ticket sales. Not trying to compare Lin's influence with Yao's but I'm just saying a growing fan base is always beneficial. Making stars was exactly how David Stern grew the league.

4. Codman

Codman Member

Jeremy is a good person, but he's not a legit NBA starter. He went on a hot streak with the Knicks. Lots of players have a collection of good games. For those of you that say it's because of his opportunity or coaching, you're absolutely wrong. As much as I think McHale is a disgrace to the history of Rockets' coaching, he is not the reason Jeremy struggles.

It's going to be difficult to trade Lin. The salary does not match the output whatsoever, but an expiring can be useful.

Only TRUE fans will follow the Rockets regardless of the players. Do we get frustrated with decisions? Definitely, but we're loyal to our team. Most of us are diehard. I know my heart was crushed this year, and I'm sure my fellow fans felt the same sentiment.

To the LinDieHards--good riddance. Peace be with you to follow a player above all. It's more than just online...it has spread to the games. An attempt to polarize long-time fans.

If Lin should stay, I hope he has a better year, or in the least, his fanbase finds some type of humility and reality.

We're not trying to keep Jeremy down. He put himself in that position.

5. PatBeverleyFan

Good for Lin fans. They can (maybe) watch him prosper on another team. Also good for Rockets fans cause with him and maybe Asik gone, they can have that cap space for another star or fill the roster with better players. Win/win situation when Lin is gone.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well time to rename clutchfans to linfans.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Finally, confirmation of a reason why the board has been so f'ed up the past two years! LOF's over 50%!

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Of course I would. Rockets without Lin just isnt the Rockets imo tbh fwiw.

9. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Member

This thread is genius. Clutch, please begin deleting accounts of those who answered yes.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

polarizing? how about Hakeem Olajuwon.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

agreed. everything with LIN is mental that is sometimes a result of his health.

12. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Troll poll gets troll results. LOL

13. platypus

platypus Member

54% of fans who voted in the poll. There is a big difference.

14. Badrose

Badrose Member

Can't believe 45% of the users here are nor Rockets fans... Sometimes stupid question are good.

15. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Lol some of you need to learn to use your brain. 54% doesn't mean 54% of the site's posters, but rather 54% of the people who voted.

16. Badrose

Badrose Member

I mean 54!

17. Cypress

Cypress Member

Good riddence.

18. Cypress

Cypress Member

riddance

19. bmd

bmd Member

People gotta be trolling.

20. bmd

bmd Member

But man... over 1,000 people voted in that poll.

Why are so many of you lurkers who hardly ever post if you even post at all?