1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2014.

?

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

1. Yes

18.5%
  2. No

81.5%
  1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

No player has been as polarizing to Rockets Fans than Jeremy Lin. This is an anonymous poll so don't worry about being flamed. Generally curious how many people would stop caring about the Rockets if Lin was traded to another team.

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did we stop following when they traded Olajuwon?

1 person likes this.
  4. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I'm more likely to stop following the Rockets if McHale and "Moreyball" aren't dumped..... Lin or no Lin.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

weed'em out

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

There weren't "Olajuwon Only Fans". It seems like there (in the minds of many) are fans of the Rockets who are only fans because of Jeremy Lin. Comparing him to the most popular sports figure in Houston history misses the point.

1 person likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Rockets are like crack. Sometimes you just want to quit, but you can't. We could trade the whole team and I'd still watch games.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Even though he got cut you realize nobody joined the site when he was here.

9. nono

nono Member

I started following the Rockets because I was living in Houston and because of the Lin trade. Now I am not living in Houston. If Lin goes I will probably stop actively watching games, though I'll keep track of what the team is doing through google etc.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I would stop following the Rockets when i die. Almost 2 decades of mediocrity but i never took a season off. Just hope i won't die of depression.

2 people like this.
  11. krouchchocolate

Is this a serious thread? lol.....Lin isn't even a great player?

12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

It's a better chance I'd stop following the Rockets if he's back in Houston next year

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh, but to a certain demographic he is. :p

14. andersongo

andersongo Member

LOFs living rent free in the heads of clutchfans.

2 people like this.
  15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I seriously wanted to just give up on next season once I heard McHale was coming back because I already knew it was a lost season. But I'll still follow only to know I'll be heartbroken. I've watched after Stevie got traded. I watched after Yao retired. I watched after Lowry and Dragic left. Ill watch after Lin leaves. Ill watch after Howard, Harden and Parsons leave. Ill watch after Les passes away and we have a new owner. I'll always follow the Houston Rockets no matter what.

Unless we get a donald sterling type owner. but I doubt that.

17. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Anyone who says actually says yes to this, please, please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A demographic of fake rockets fans

19. zilches

zilches Member

The poll results are stunning. I like the guy and hope he stays a Rocket, but I never wanted to be a part of a bizarre cult.

20. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Huh? it got like 100 votes already but only a small comment? Did members in this site really voted? Suspicious....

Anyway, I adore Lin but it doesn't mean I'll stop following the team once he's traded. I mean I got on the Houston Rockets bandwagon even after knowing he's gonna be traded, that news was so last year already that I'm not even shock anymore LOL.

Dwight is still here, and he's seriously looking for a ring, and who doesn't want that kind of player? Don't know if he's staying after his contract expires if Rockets keeps bricking it in playoffs, but for now, we have him on our side.

That's one of the reasons why I'll continue supporting this team, because more than anything, I love a team that has big probability to win championships.

Good luck to Houston making Dwight stay after his signed tenure. Doubt he'll do that if Rockets's force is only enough to play for the first playoff round.

If Mchale stays for 2 years though, that's gonna be another issue. :rolleyes:
    I might stop following this team because of him, and not Lin.
    He is seriously ALL the opposite of what a great coach should be. :rolleyes: