1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you sacrifice personal success to a degree for your Sports teams Title?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by UtilityPlayer, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

hell no, i love my sports teams but personal success is something I work hard for and I wouldn't sacrifice that so other people can enjoy success that wouldn't affect me other than making me happy for a few weeks.

2. hlcc

hlcc Member

No way in hell!

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i would, not for the rockets tho unfortunately.

but my home team St.Kilda hasn't won since 66'

in 1997 we lost the grand final (same concept as Super Bowl)
    in 2004 we were 1 game away from the grand final
    in 2008 we were 1 game away from the grand final
    in 2009 we lost in the last 30 seconds to a freak bounce of the ball when we were the best team all year
    in 2010 we drew the first grand final and had to come back the next week for a replay and lost.

so yes just get me a freaking title NOW

4. davo

davo Contributing Member

I'm not sure I understand the concept. What personal success could I sacrifice that would have a positive impact on my sports team winning?

Or is it some superstition/quasi-religious sacrifice/self flagellation deal?

5. davo

davo Contributing Member

Should have stuck with a good West Aussie and former West Coast Eagle in Scottie Watters...

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

like all cancer it had to be removed :grin::grin:

7. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Buying tickets gives the team revenue money. They could use that money to pay for better free agents and go over the cap. This might increase the team's chance of a title.

Even if the team is selling out, the demand (or more people willing to sacrifice money) will raise the ticket prices and allow the team to generate more money yet again.