1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you resign if you were Morey?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caesar, May 26, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't blame him if he resigned. It's pretty clear to me that the long "search" was Morey desperately trying to find an alternative to Pringles that could persuade Alexander to change his mind. In my humble opinion, the "search" was a farce once Alexander settled on D'Antoni, which appears to have been before the season ended, in my humble opinion.

We live in absurd times, fellow Rocket fans. I don't blame Daryl Morey at all. If he does quit, he'll be snapped up by another team. Those who see him as "trash" are fools, in my opinion. Alexander is the real fool here.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he has truly been neutered than he should resign but I doubt that to be the case. When the offseason started I put Pringles on my short list of candidates to be considered based in both les Alexander's feelings on him AND moreys.

Chances are good he won't survive very long anyway as either Pringles fails and les cleans house completely or Pringles succeeds and has a power struggle with morey hat costs morey his job.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. If Les is going to force you to hire BS head coaches then what's the point of staying on? He handicaps any team you could put together.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Paraphrasing Joe House(wizards fan) on The Bill Simmons Podcast not too long ago:

"If Houston foolishly gets rid of Morey this off season and my Wizards don't hire him immediately, I'm not going to be very happy"

Pretty knowledgable guy about the league if you don't already listen to the podcast.

My opinion, If Morey walked away tomorrow I'd bet he'd be a head GM somewhere else as early as this coming season and no later than the next.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

After hinke Morey might have a harder time getting a job.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol..no.

he will have one by tomorrow if he resigns right now.

Btw Hinkies team has a brighter 4 year future than Houston right now unless the Colangelos **** it up.

7. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Oh, Joe House said so? In that case.... :rolleyes:

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Aside from what CFans think, Morey is highly sought out in this league.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would resign. Take a job where I have full control without an overly involved owner sabotaging what I do.

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Did I miss something? How do we know D'Antoni was the owner's decision and not Morey's? Where did this information come from?

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As always .... Couldn't agree more Deck. Would we ever think there would be a time where even the most optimistic fans are now at this point? Also I'm sure Morey has received many phone calls over the past couple weeks from other teams trying to poach him.

It's so obvious that he had lost control of his owner who after one bad season thinks he could do better himself. You are so right about "the search". Just shows blatantly how much Morey did not want DAntoni, and there is sure to be major friction there if Morey does stay.

12. PeppermintCandy

If Morey completely disagrees with this choice, then yeah it would be in everyone's best interests for him to step down.

If not, he'll have get to work and make lemonade.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Morey should coach MIT's Basketball Team.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Oh, HadToDoItCF said Moreys perception league wide is so low that he wouldn't get another head GM position any time soon? In that case ...

15. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Agree with you 100%. He has a huge job now to try to find the players to fit the HC style. Oh, I would prefer he go find the very best defensive players possible, but that doesn't fit.

16. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I've been thinking that's this is what the "Source of a Source" was referring to by "Morey is out". I felt like he could resign if D'Antoni was hired. He paraded all those other candidates in from of Led in the hopes of changing his mind, but couldnt.

17. Asian Sensation

If I'm Morey and I don't get 2 out of the these 4 (Durant, Whiteside, Horford, Conley) this summer I'd resign. So in other words yes I would.

I hope Morey does us a solid and gets as much for Harden as possible before he resigns . My biggest fear is losing Harden for nothing in 2018 and right now it's very much looking like a possibility.

No starting PG, SF, PF, C, Head coach and a gm and owner who aren't on the same page.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I've said this before. If Les is at the point where he doesn't trust Morey with his job then Morey needs to go or be fired. As much as I like Morey, Les making decisions like this really isn't a good idea. Better to have someone qualified that Les trusts than Morey who Les seems to no longer trust (If the rumors of Les overriding Morey are true).

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree - when the owner is making basketball decisions, especially an owner who doesn't know anything about basketball - it's time to get out of dodge.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Moray: 3s is better than 2
    D'Antony:shoot more 3s

Those 2 meant to be with each other's