1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you pull the trigger on one of these trades?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Sep 21, 2002.

1. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

No! How would that trade help us? Keep the team the way it is unless we can get a player like Duncan.

2. SxAxTxAxNx666

SxAxTxAxNx666 Member

Thats only been recently, I think the guy can pick it up again, proabably the biggest mistake in his life was leaving the Pistons. But besides that, he's hadd a pretty decent career. I don't see how people don't appreciate that.

3. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

In all seriousness when was the last time he played ball? Its been what 2 yrs? Penny was hurt for like 2 yrs, he still isnt the same, I dont know, the rust may be too thick.

4. Greg M

Greg M Member

I guess the Lakers really suck then :p

5. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Good point. I forgot about that trade rule.

The ideal scenario (from a financial point of view) would be to keep KT & trade Taylor, but that is one of the things that would make trading KT more enticing to other teams. He's a solid up & coming PF & doesn't cost much.

I would assume that any trade would not occur until after the season had started & possibly not until the December 15th trade moratorium for rookies (I'm referring to Doc Rocket's previous hint). That would give us plenty of time to evaluate Taylor's recovery. However, all I've heard is how hard Taylor is working to get into game shape. There have been no reports of him having any set backs in his training. So, that would indicate to me that he's coming along nicely.

Here's another trade idea that I find intriguing. Since Phoenix is loaded at the SG position & rather weak at the PF position, would you trade KT for Joe Johnson straight up, assuming of course, that Phoenix would even consider it?

Another possibility would be KT for Jacobsen/Williams(expiring contract)/future draft pick(?).

Any thoughts on those trades?

6. Sane

Sane Member

Hottodie, I'd like to make that trade, but Phoenix benched Penny in favour of Joe Johnson. I doubt Joe Johnson is going anywhere.

I'd love to get Hubert Davis, and would give up KT straight up for him. KT will barely play 10 minutes anyway, and that's 10 minutes I'd rather give to Mo T or Griff. Hubert Davis has always been good, hardworking team-oriented guy. His 3-pt shot would be very valuable off the benhc, and he provides a smidge of defense in the backcourt.

I don't know how anyone expects KT to stay a Rocket, and still be happy. You KNOW he wants AT LEAST 15 minutes a game. I doubt he'll be happy with that. If Rice and Boki jointly take 45 minutes at the SF spot, and Griff and MoT take 45 minutes at the PF spot, that leaves 6 minutes to backup both spots. He's not going to sit on the bench and wait for someone to get injured. Plus, we'd be 2 players deep at every position, with an excellent bench. Towards the end of the season, we'll look something like this:

Ming/Cato
    Griffin/MoT
    Rice/Boki
    Mobley/Davis
    Francis/Moochie

That's a team I'd love to take into the playoffs.