1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you prefer Ty Lawson instead of J-Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Mar 6, 2013.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin is a way better player, prospect, team mate and probably person than Ty Lawson; but Ty Lawson's fans are not as annoying, so...............

ah.....

I'm still going with Lin. But it was very close.

1 person likes this.
  2. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

PLEASE someone make a kyrie irving or jeremy lin thread. not to troll but to gauge the bias in this forum. id do it but im a pansy and dont wanna get flamed.

3. jocar

jocar Member

Lawson's already peaked, the sky's still the limit for Lin.

4. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Daryl Morey: Hey Masai, wanna trade Lin for Lawson straight up?
    Masai Ujiri: Hmm, do I want a younger, bigger, cheaper player, with a higher ceiling? Or do I want to keep on playing my backup PG 25 minutes?
    DM: Don't forget he has an obsessive international fanbase!
    MU: Didn't you guys make boatloads of money with an Asian star? Hey wait a minute! There's a reason your coach decides to play a rookie with 21 games NBA experience over Lin in the 4th! Do I look like Geoff Petrie to you?! Go peddle your junk elsewhere Dork Elvis!

Seriously though, to those of you that honestly think Lawson is better for this team than Lin, Lawson is an under-sized PG that is known for offense and bad defense. The Rockets are a young team known for offense and bad defense. A Harden/Lawson backcourt would give as much a they get.

Plus in the last 2 weeks Lin has put up 29 and 9 against OKC and 21 and 9 through 3 against Dallas. Can you guys at least admit he has some serious upside?

And finally 4 million is what we pay Delfino and Chandler. It's not chump change. Is Lawson that much of an upgrade?

And while I am killing time at work, for those of you that are sick and tired of LOF's, no REAL Lin fan thinks he is better than Kyrie Irving. You are being TROLLED! The only actual Lin fan that I know that might think he is better than Irving is my little niece, and I'm not sure she knows who Kyrie Irving is or can read, so I don't think it's her.

The trolls get an erection every time someone responds to their ridiculous posts and then try to think of the next way they can get attention to distract themselves from the fact that they suck. "Lin is better than Magic Johnson!" Please just ignore them. And anyways if you are so sick of LOF's, why would you come to such a LOF-magnet of a thread like this one?

5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I'd prefer Aaron Brooks over Ty Lawson.

6. Rocket Booster

I don't know. The Lawson fans in this thread are pretty damn annoying.

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You only think that way because they think Lawson > Lin

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

A better person why? Explain that one sounds pretty prejudice? Ty Lawson is way better on the court and has played good in the playoffs. Still have to see Lin in playoff pressure.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

ny pressure > playoffs in houston pressure

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

i dont see jeremy lin with a DUI

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

There are no loyal Ty Lawson fans in this thread. Just people who acknowledge he's better then Jeremy Lin which at this point in their respective careers isn't syaing much at all.

12. Arthurprescott2

What does it matter? McHale would play Bev in the 4th over Lawson anyway. Sucks to be Lawson - he gives up his minutes to Miller as it is right now.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He hasn't played in playoff pressure... That's the point here.

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

the point is it doesnt matter cause there's more pressure playing for your future as an NBA player in NYC than there is in the playoffs in houston where you'll probably overachieve by just losing the 1st round in 6 games!

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

By that logic you could say its all about being caught I could see if you were there every moment of Lin's and Lawson's life but your not. A person's that has been through tough/hard type situations and endured through them more can be argued to be a stronger or better person. Saying all that neither of these guys have a pattern of bad things they done over and over as far as I know. Who knows whose truly the better person.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The pressure is definitely different when everyone has saw your game in an offense that was set up for you to succeed in the bright lights of a Houston rockets owned place like Madison Square Garden. Now the pressure would be more heavy in the playoffs this year seeing that all the teams know Lin's habits and ways plus the added pressure of teams playing to win the championship. Something New York hasn't done in over 40 years.

17. Grigori

Grigori Member

Given Irving's contract and ability, one will have to be a pretty big homer to pick Lin over Irving. It would still be much less of a troll choice than Lawson over Lin at this point though, considering how much Lawson has declined since getting his big payday while still not playing a lick of defense.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Maybe a coach who is more willing to trust his starters is what we should get. I would rather lose because the starters play bad than lose with the bench & wonder how the starters would have played.

19. Rocket Booster

Which is being an annoying Lawson homer. Because Lawson really is a scrub.

20. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

This is exactly how I feel. All this bickering is non-sense and it's all created because McHale went with a very questionable and unconventional rotation with no evidence or sight of success. If he was going to do it, he should do it with absolute confidence of success. But now we are left with the feeling that we lost not because we played our best hand, but we lost because we didn't play our best hand... which is a pretty crappy feeling and it breaks fans' confidence whether we can trust the team with said coach.

It's the same kind of feeling when you tried to conserve your energy in a bball tournament, but lost and didn't get to go to the next round because you conserved too long and didn't play all out and your teammates lose confidence in playing with you.