1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you prefer Ty Lawson instead of J-Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Mar 6, 2013.

1. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Lawson >>>>> Lin. Better handles, better finisher, better defender, better passer, and incredibly fast.

But at 12mil per, Id stick with Lin.

2. thething

thething Contributing Member

I'm surprised at the Lawson hate in this forum.

I thought Lawson was a much better player than Lin. He is arguably Denver's best player.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lawson is far from a scrub. It's pointless to even bother trying to get through to you though because this has nothing to do with Ty Lawson anyways. The vast majority of Lin's fanbase put down every PG who is brought up against him whether is be Ty Lawson or Kyrie Irving. We even have people who prefer him to Chris Paul on these boards. It's just sad

4. King1

It's not really Lawson hate it's irrational thinking fans who are obsessed with Jeremy Lin and feel the need to disparage other players to try and prop him up. Most of these people ****ting on Lawson have likely never see him play

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

A few facts just to inform your knowledge.

Lawsons FG% at the rim is 60% Lins is 62% so Lin is the better finisher at the rim

Lawsons hands rating is 26 Lins is 23

Lawsons passing rating is 13 Lins is 13

They both have the same amount of bad pass turnovers but Lawson has slightly fewer ball handling turnovers (47 for Ty 65 for Lin)

Lawson isn't the better defender that is false don't even need stats to prove that I just thought people knew that Lawson was a poor defender.

Lin is fast in his own right & his first step is elite so likely not much of a difference there

I do think Lawson is better than Lin but a lot of your statements are false. Lawson has a lot more experience than Lin, but Lin also has the size advantage which I love. Plus Lins a good defender & cheaper. I would stick with Lin likely a lateral movement & Lin has the upside.

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Lawson has very little, if any, flaws...guy plays hard and very composed all the time. CP3 is probably the best PG out there now, but that guy wines all the time.:)

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Can we just give Lin some time jeez. Most of us werent even willing to give Trob ONE game. relax ye

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

True. Remember TRob's first game.....even McFail just gave him a full quarter!:grin:

9. youngduck

youngduck Member

omg...this guy is so cluelues

y the bleep would anyone want ty lawson when rocket's have aaron brooks now.

what you smoking?

10. Rocket Booster

He has a weak offensive game. He needs transition, fast open court offense to be effective. He can be an absolutely disaster in half court (see playoff style) basketball.

He is supposed to be super fast, but he struggles to beat his man off the dribble in half court. Not much at all to create his own shot or for others. Not a play maker. Not a real point guard.

He's small and weak and he plays like it. Can't finish around the rim if there is any resistance. Not a smart decision maker. Can only play aggressively in that open court freelance no defense basketball.

Cannot guard anyone and does not really try to.

He's nowhere near to being Denver's best player, and he's nowhere near as good as Lin is. Plain and simple honest OBJECTIVITY.

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Naaa...doesn't hurt to have 4 PGs...Lin could use more bench time. Also, McFail can play midget ball with Lawson, Brooks, Beverley, Lin, and Harden.

12. Rocket Booster

I personally find it quite rude that you keep saying these about people that are not true. I'm not a "LOF" which in the first place is a racist term anyway. I'm putting you on my ignore list.

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

In short, he's in the perfect system (obviously players too).

14. King1

Hahahahahahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh dude. Use your lin snuggie to wipe the tears away

15. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

So much Lawson nuthugging going on in this thread.

The dude is undersized and simply a streaky scorer. He's already hit his ceiling. Good shooter, quick due to his small size, but that's about it. He has average vision and BBIQ.

Lawson is a smaller Raymond Felton with better shooting.

Definitely not worth 12 million. If he's worth 12 mil then Greivis Vasquez is worth at least that much if not more.

16. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Yo King man, if you really are sick of the LOF's, why would you enter this thread? This thread may as well be titled "LOF's Unite!" Especially considering this trade is NEVER happening.

My advice to you is to avoid any threads with the words "Lin, trade" or "fire, McFail" in their title. They will be SWARMING with LOF, and are completely irrelevant as neither is happening anytime soon, if ever. Unless of course you LIKE mixing it up with the LOF. That's the vibe I'm getting from you, in that case please understand that most Lin fans are actively supporting the Rockets and not just Lin. During the last game, even though I was upset Lin was on the bench, I was still hoping we'd get the W.

On another note, Lawson is clearly better than I thought he was. I went back to our Nuggets' games and saw that he did pretty well against us. Maybe I just blocked it out because the Nuggets are such a terrible match-up for us and I'm trying to forget those games. Good looking out guys, will have to catch more Nuggets games.

17. Balakoth

Balakoth Member

I like Lin alot but I would so be down with Lawson. Dudes a straight beast! Problem is our coach wouldn't play him in the fourth :grin:

18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Ty Lawson is way better than J-Lin, especially for this team. But this is a pointless question. Neither team is trading them anytime soon.

19. King1

Not sure if you saw my first two posts in the thread but I called it completely pointless. Of course, certain LOFs feel the need to chime in regardless of what I say and offer their "unique perspective" whenever the see my name. I do the same thing to certain users so it doesn't bother me at all. It's cool.

See, that's just not me. I'm not going to avoid certain threads because of a new flood of idiotic posters. Not all LOFs fans are ignorant people. I've had a few good discussions with some and will continue to do so. I'll also continue to chastise the morons. I enjoy a little trash talk mixed in with intelligent discussion. It keeps things balanced. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm well aware that "LOF" is a blanket statement and it doesn't account for all his fanbase. I believe you on both accounts (being upset at both Lin not playing and hoping we won the game).

He's a good player. I don't think he's currently worth 12 million a year under the new CBA but from a "who is a better player right now" viewpoint" it's clearly him. Lawson had a huge game last night against Paul. I don't know what Lin will end up beiing (nobody does) but for some to say Lin has a superstar ceiling and Lawson is a scrub is absurd. I know that's not your perspective but it seems a lot of fans feel the need to dump on every player who plays PG because of their Lin fandom. Anyways, thanks for being civil and I'll see you around dude

20. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

I don't think Lin has a superstar ceiling. The only reason I wouldn't prefer Lawson over Lin is because of the contracts. I'll take a slightly improved Lin with an avg PG salary so we can bring in another max player.

Lawson had a great game last night...but Lin has had a handful of good games this season against All-Star talent (e.g. Westbrook, Parker)