1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you move Capela for Noel?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Noel and Amare share no similarities whatsoever. In fact, they are mostly opposites except for their athleticism and maybe rebounding. Amare was never the defensive player Noel already is. Noel will never be the offensive player Stoudemire was even in his first few seasons in the league.

Capela I would say is closer to Amare offensively, but still a totally different player and in a totally different offensive class. None of Capela or Noel will ever touch Amare's offensive production. Noel has not shown that he can be a scorer, and just because EG has turned out to be a great surprise doesn't mean every player whose career is dipping will be magically able to put up all time great stats on our team. I don't understand that reasoning from @D-rock .

As you say, if Noel is available cheap, then snag him as an asset. That's a good risk to take. However, I think Sixers are going to want something from us that would jeopardize homecourt advantage for us.

Vivi likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Not even if they are to send a 1st round pick along with him...

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Nah...Maybe for KJ and Brewer.

4. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

5. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

No way. We don't need to make any big moves (or any period imo). We are 20-7 and chemistry is through the roof. Nobody in their right mind would take a key piece of this brilliant, fun to watch team and ship them away. C'mon. No and No

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

With the new cba I don't think I want us to lock our selves with Noel. Plus Capela has been absolutely wonderful! So no thanks

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yup, and i can see other teams offering something more than us, i hope to be wrong but eh...

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I like Capela and his attitude towards game. A true team player. Imagine honestly if Dwight and Harden clicked or if Shaq decides to be the better man and worked longer with kobe, increase chance of rings.
    Big men who takes one for the team is rare, hence why I say HELL NO to Noel for Capela. I would even say FK NO to cousins for capela also. We have seen cousins when his team's behind or losing, He can't control his emotions, so of course he will be fine when we are hot right now, but if we stumble even for a little, Cousins will make locker room cancerous.
    Capela on the otherhand was with us last year, when our locker room was downright bad, you don't see him btching. Hence why I support Capela as our team center, he may not be as good, but he is a team player without attitude.

9. bongman

bongman Member

There this thing call thread etiquette so that the discussions stay within the scope of the original topic. Calling you out for this being a drama queen? That the best u got?

10. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Are you mad dude? Hell to the No, Noel is a center that wants to be a Point-center....with him in the game, harden will just be lazy.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What's this high ceiling Noel was supposed to have? He was never going to be amazing offensively, defense was his calling card. He was drafted with comparisons to Mutombo or Tyson Chandler and he is no Mutombo. I like him as a player but he was drafted in 2013 and has shown little improvement. That lowers his ceiling considerably.

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

You really want to trade this guy? :eek:

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Nope... enjoying CC's improvement too much, chemistry, humble attitude... nope, Clint is a keeper....

If we could grab Noel on the cheap (Nene + Brewer + KJ) - I would do that... it'd be a gamble... but having Clint and Noel splitting time at the 5 could be phenomenal...

D-rock likes this.
  14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no we're solid at the 4/5. it is tempting to make some kinda trade for noel though. brewer and ennis maybe?

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I see others mentioning same possibilities bit do not see you policing them. You should get a better bong for your nerves and rigid thread etiquette fetish.

Just let me create.

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Never. First I would never mess with the chemistry we have right now. Second I consider Capela and Harden to be our only untouchables wrt trades. It would take a much better player to persuade me to part with Capela when he's getting better by the game and is so core to our offense.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would give up more than that. Would easily send them our 2017 pick, Nene and Brewer. They can get a better deal than that though.

18. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

YES! I like Capela but he has a cap on his potential

Nerlens is a poor man Anthony Davis. He can do everything Capela can plus way more.

Rocket fans do this almost every year with a player they like.

19. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Honestly, I consider capela as near untouchable.

He has put up good stats against the best of the bigs, and is a great weak side defender, and he is still SO young, on top of the fact that his chemistry with Harden is superb. How many times has this board complained about shuffling the cards and not building chemistry?

Why would we need to trade him when he's a double double machine that requires no plays?

Also, Noel is complaining about not getting minutes..... he's not going to be getting them here, because he is clearly inferior to Clint on offense, about 25-30 lbs lighter than Clint, and doesn't have the chemistry with our MVP that Clint has down pat.

No brainer, you don't trade 1 for 1.

20. Rockets4Life13

Hell no.