1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you match the Parsons offer sheet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Would you match Chandler Parsons' 3-year, $46M offer (player option on third year) with Dallas?

1. Yes

360 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

584 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

This he's not worth it, but he now becomes a TRUE asset to the core. He has a lot to live up to.

knows he can unload this contract if anything came up, and it's a positive asset on a short deal.
    Also everyone is forgetting a possible lockout is coming within 3 seasons. Also Les made the deal with Chandler.

This isn't Morey's decision ANYMORE. Does he have a say, yes. That's why he made him RFA.

I don't like it one bit though. That was dirtier than Lin. Lin played like 3 good games. Knicks were lucky to lose him.

2. calcium

calcium Member

I read somewhere that Deng wants $12M/year.

I think that might be a better "buy" than this, no?

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Seems like there are a number of people confused about this.

If we sign Bosh the only player we can sign that isn't a vet min guy or a guy signed using a low level exception is Parsons.

He counts for around 2 million in cap for us now. Declining to match his offer doesn't magically open up 15 million in cap room to use on other guys.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would. If and only if I signed Bosh or Carmelo first.

Happy for Chandler, though. He's a huge asset to this team, though. Biggest glue guy we've got.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

No, he knew he was key in the whole scenario of the Rockets going forward. We sign Bosh, we sign him. We sign Melo, we sign him. We sign no big time FA, we sign him and use the rest of the money to fill out the roster. There was no indication that we would not pay the man, since having him opt out now was the choice and he was key to our regular season success and recruiting Howard. So why in the world would he take the first opportunity to sign an offer sheet, knowing this makes it tough as hell for Morey to do something, with the interstate rival?? It's a big FU to Morey and the Rockets, so F NO, would not sign.

6. stab

stab Member

15 mil for 3 years AND a trade kicker?!?

Uh, NO!!!!

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This is what Morey gets for treating a player as something other than an asset.

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I voted no, but to put it all in context: he's not worth $15M but what he's been paid the last few years was borderline criminal. They kinda owe him money like Kelvin Cato still owes the City 15/10. Average it all out over six years and comes out to about $8M a year. If you want a way to make yourself feel better about it. I love where I work but if I made $880k I'd sign to go to Alaska for $15M a year. Multiply your salary X15. What would you do?

9. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

The cliche "this is a business" goes both ways. Him and Dwight can still hang out in the offseason and text during the season. I think even Dwight would understand Chandler getting his payday. I'm sure chandler would rather be in Houston but he'd be half past brain dead to ask Dallas to lower the offer sheet or leave it to Morey's statistical algorithm to set his value.

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

The 800 pound gorilla in the room though: Will Harden be butt hurt barely making more than Chandler and less than Bosh and Howard but likely being the leading scorer/assister on the team?

11. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

SO to keep Parsons and potentially sign Bosh to a max deal, who do we have to give up? Lin, Jones, Dmo, Casspi, and ?

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Everyone except Harden, Howard, Bev

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

So in other words: Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Bosh & Howard and no bench. No Thanks! Even if we get Bosh, I say no to matching offer sheet.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You can get better 3&D guys for less money imo. Wing defense should be our first interest now imo, we don't need an all-round guy like Parsons starting.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We need someone that can guard his own man and Hardens at the same time.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

The Hayward effect's ripples have spread across to league even to Lance Stephenson. I don't think Morey anticipated this.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

In my opinion, YOU HAVE TO MATCH!

Yes, the contract IS excessive, borderline insane even, BUT you have to match it! Not matching would give a strong signal from the Rockets that finances takes a priority over winning! There's a time and a place for everything, and right now with Harden/Howard on board you have to show your players, and the NBA in general that when it's time to "put up or shut up", the ROCKETS DON'T SHUT UP!

Obviously matching would be easier to swallow IF we land a BIG free agent now! Get'r done Morey!

(P.S.) I have a strong feeling that Mark Cuban is a "Transexual Commie"!...:eek:

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i wouldn't mind signing a wing defender like tucker If we get bosh. dwight, bosh, tucker, and bev are all great on defense and with the right coach could easily cover harden on that end. there would also be enough offense between our big 3 to carry the scoring load without chandler.

but what happens if bosh hasn't decided by saturday and its time to match chandler? i wouldn't let him go if we dont have bosh. we'd slip nearly out of the playoff picture.

19. sufiankassam

sufiankassam Member

We give bosh the allotted time to make the decision with or without lebrons decision in terms of our match for chandler, if he does, all the best to chandler. If he doesn't, we immediately sign chandler to that deal unless rondo or love are immediately available.

Biggest mistake we made all season was not locking down Lionel hollies......

20. joesr

joesr Member

If we land Bosh, yes. If we dont land Bosh, no.