1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you match the Parsons offer sheet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Would you match Chandler Parsons' 3-year, $46M offer (player option on third year) with Dallas?

1. Yes

360 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

584 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

I agree that he's getting overpaid but a lot of you guys are making it seem like it's your hard earned money that's being spent. Les Multi Billionaire and he needs to over pay for the "glue" to our team. We can't let Dallas take Parsons from our team. He's vital to the big picture of our organization.

2. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Bosh signs, we match. Misses out on Bosh, can't afford to waste $15m of cap on Parsons.

3. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

They are ALL overpaid. Good grief. Why do you care if Parsons is overpaid, if the market is setting his value? The whole idea of letting the market set the value was that it gave us room to obtain another star at max salary.

Now, Les might not want to pay the luxury tax, but Morey's strategy was to get max stars, and he has the chance to do that, even if he overpays Bosh and Parsons. He's doing what it takes to build a championship team.

Isn't there another thread that states we are the 3rd most profitable team in the NBA? Time to ante up.

1 person likes this.
  4. do work son

do work son Member

If we can't get bosh, full out our bench with all that cap space, then match Parsons. A better bench would've helped in the playoffs.

5. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Agent: Win some rings like the Spurs then maybe we'll talk.

6. do work son

do work son Member

If we don't get bosh, we fill out our bench then match Parsons. His 15 million won't hurt is because we have his Bird rights. For the cost of bosh, we could sign 3-4 guys to play quality minutes. Parsons has to get resigned regardless what we do.

7. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

How? Parsons would kill the cap room.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

please stop making threads just because you feel like your opinion needs to be said.

there's 3 other threads you could post this is. not to mention a terrible thread

9. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

The more I think about it the more I believe the solution (whether we sign Bosh or not) is to match Parsons, fill the roster however we can and then immediately begin seeking a trade partner to trade him for 2-3 good role players.

I think, for example, Charlotte and Toronto would love to have him. If we strike out with Bosh and Love is still on the Wolves, I think Parsons + Jones + picks would be enticing to them.

I feel much better about this whole thing after contemplating the different outcomes. It's not like the Mavs would be a threat to our championship aspirations even if they had Parsons. If we don't get Bosh or Parsons, we could just sign Deng + a couple of more role players.

Given our window of opportunity and looking at both sides of the court, I'm not sure the next 2-3 years of Parsons is much better than the next 2-3 years of Deng.

11. do work son

do work son Member

Parsons won't kill cap room. If we don't sign bosh, that's 20 million in cap to spend in 3 days. Then we can match Parsons offer with his Bird rights.

We'd essentially come into this season with the same starting 5, a much better bench and no Lin and Asik

12. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Another thing we "overpaid" for Lin and everyone seed ok with it.Parsons is immensely more valuable to the success of our team that Lin and now were being frugal? GTFO of here

13. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

We didn't have FA's actually giving us a shot at landing them when we signed Lin. We signed him because we needed some name presence, and who would have been more notable besides the guy who enveloped a nation in albeit very overhyped passion?

We then landed Harden and the rest is now history.

14. NotChandlerParsons

Can't trade him until Dec 15th. I'd be down to do that so we at least get something out of him, but the only team that's indicated that kind of willingness is Charlotte and who knows what they do with their space.

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

I like the way you think.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Matching Dallas without acquiring another superstar would be idiotic in my opinion.

17. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Parsons is way more proven than Lin ever was. We know what were getting with him unlike Lin which has been a huge bust. We can't lose Parsons

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

+1

Agreed bro. I don't care if Alexander has to pay 90 million luxury tax. It ain't my money.

19. MichaelG281713

Saying we should overpay, because others do, is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

You don't overpay a role player who can easily be replaced. Parsons isn't worth anywhere near that money. Especially not when you're in need of an entire bench, like in our case.

I don't care if the money isn't coming out of my pocket. I would still rather it be spent properly, to truly maximize our capabilities.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Yeah, best case scenario would be to use up all of our capspace before matching Parsons.

Option 1: Bosh
    Option 2: Deng
    Option 3: Divide the money among good role players.

Either way we really should capitalise on our last chance to throw big money at a free agent before we get capped out.