1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you match the Parsons offer sheet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Would you match Chandler Parsons' 3-year, $46M offer (player option on third year) with Dallas?

1. Yes

360 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

584 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sorry but you are way over reacting. Let parsons walk - he is not worth that kind of money. I trust that Morey will get the talent in place to match or improve the roster.

2. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Gallinari, Hayward, Barnes and even rookies who haven't played a minute are as good as Parsons??
    Riiiiiiiight...

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I've thought about it some more. I would definitely match even without Bosh. You can always flip Parsons somewhere else after.

4. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Morey can sign FAs like Deng and use the TPEs generated from Asik and Lin to upgrade the roster via trades. I am not a cap expert, but if they are not hard-capped they may have MLE and the bi-annual exception?

Looking ahead, they also need the cap to resign Beverley and Jones.

That's a lot more flexibility than being stuck on Parsons's contract.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree that Parsons isn't worth that kind of money. But if he walks, then this is a worse team heading into next season. Luol Deng is not gonna replace what Parsons brought to the Rockets(at least not on the offensive end).

And no offense, but I don't trust Morey will be able to improve the roster. Not after this. Has he made some brilliant moves as GM? Sure. But he's had just as many boneheaded ones and frankly I look at the end result which is whether or not this team is winning. Which they're not.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think he's going to match, but from your perspective letting Parsons walk for peanuts is ok? If anything you shouldn't trust him, people have been questioning his decision with Parsons for a really long time.

7. Jt29

Jt29 Member

We should just trade parsons n lin last year for rondo. This is the risk of letting him to be a RFA. I thought morey needs to learn to be a claivoyant... :cool:

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Not bringing back Parsons would just be throwing next season away. We can't be doing that with Dwight Howard in his freaking prime.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And that should always be the metric for success.

10. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Gallinari is a decent 3 point shooter and plays much better D. His Knicks and Nuggets teams are pretty good with him. He's at least not a huge dropoff.

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Look at the roster- there is nobody there to replace Parsons. There is no capspace for a decent replacement unless Bosh doesn't sign. It's an easy call to resign him.

12. thejav

thejav Member

yes. match now then trade later..

13. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Match, then trade him before the trade deadline to get a SF that is better at D plus bench depth that we won't be able to get with minimum contracts after signing Bosh, or whoever, with our cap space.

14. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Gallinari's shooting ability is his greatest strength, defense is the worse part of his game.
    He's a purer shooter than Parsons, that's about it.

15. do work son

do work son Member

Deng made 14 million lat year and y'all think we can sign him by scrapping together MLE and trade exception money lolololol

16. do work son

do work son Member

Sign bosh, match Parsons.

Harden Parsons bosh Howard is your core for the next 3 seasons.

17. Postcall

Postcall Member

Howard and Parsons both opt out in two years.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's always been mine, but I'm at the point where I'm done praising Morey or Les for the potential this team has. It's been nearly 2 decades, fellas. Give me results. A few days ago, everyone thought we had the potential to be a contender if we added Melo or Bosh and teamed them with Howard, Harden, and Parsons. Now in 3 days, we could be looking at a roster with only Howard and Harden and to add insult to injury, Parsons might be suiting up for a division rival. Forget winning titles or even a playoff series. Now it's debatable if we'll even make the postseason next year. Especially since we just handed Asik over to another division rival.

19. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

can they even afford this? :confused:

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes I would match. And then he would be a tradable asset. Even with that contract he could be moved to "non destination FA teams" for some assets.