1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Sengun in a trade if it gets you Embiid?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 5, 2023.

?

Would you include Sengun in a trade if it gets you Embiid?

1. Yes.

2. Nope.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Having the MVP front runner doesn't really guarantee you a ring either so like I said I don't get the pint of it even as a hypothetical. Rox won't rb contenders even with Embiid cuz FVV, Brooks and a bunch of 21 yr Olds ain't gonna get it done. I guess we can get in semis or even WCF but that's about it.

Even if we know for a fact Sengun will never be as good as current Embiid it still doesn't make sense cuz we don't have personnel to contend and still won't be contenders in the next 3 yrs which runs the entire length of Embiids current contract.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

True, but nothing is guaranteed. The mathematical odds are higher when you have a current top 5 player. If Embid does come, the team building strategy immediately changes.

Most these top guys (Embid, Giannis, Jokic) are firmly rooted in their teams, as a topic, do we want to go on these low probable hypotheticals, Embid at HOU. Or is the topic more to show that Alp is on a good trajectory.

For me, Embid would have to get older (and decline more), and Alp take a 2nd leap to get to the stage you're referring where it's realistic for a GM to not offer Sengun for an Embid.

#102 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nah timeline don't match up, especially with Embiids injury history. I would 100 percent do the trade for Giannis and Jokic because they are durable which gives you time to somehow assemble a contender, which in itself is still very hard without established talent.

In today's league, it's very hard to find a star without giving up significant young talent and draft capital. You would literally end up with MVP plus zero draft picks and talents left. Not sure how you would build a championship team like that from scratch

roslolian and HardenReturns like this.
  4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Denver won't part with Jokic
    Philly won't part with Embiid
    Rockets won't part with Alp.

Better to delete this thread. There is an old say:"if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle".

Boston needed C, there was a a small probability of Alp-included trade at that time. Those days gone, Alp is the face of Houston Rockets.

No balls, no Sengun swap.

dawesome likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There's still the allure of fantasising about Alpi winning in the playoffs for the next 10+ years.

You already know you aren't winning anything meaningful in the playoffs with Embiid.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think many take the contracts into consideration - Even if Embiid is the far better player, trading or him means trading for that contract and it's very difficult to add talent to teams that are over the cap.

What do you have left after making the trade ??? .... Philly is going to want Jabari, Sengun and probably Cam along with multiple picks, no no, you keep Green & Amen, I don't want your projects that can't shoot.

A three year window of Embiid, FVV, Brooks & Uncle Jeff doesn't excite me much.

cml750, dawesome and roslolian like this.
  7. cumutk

cumutk Member

Absolutely.

Some fans, some idiot fans still can not understand that Sengun is getting in in the tier of Embiid and Jokic.
    Trading future's best offensive weapon for an injury Prone, achieved nothing with Philly, Embiid?
    Embiid's empty stats does not make him star, he didn't win MVp, MVP was given to him, because NBA Management did not want the chubby White European Jokic, win it again. Embiid stole that MVP award.
    What did 76'ers achieve? Embiid is just a loser, never will win anything and he is aging and injury Prone.

Ankara1923 and HardenReturns like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would be more than surprised and amused if Embiid actually considered the Rockets as a destination.....

This is like a 1% chance of ever coming close to happening IMHO.....fantasies......day dream fantasies.

9. plegus

plegus Member

I think its time for you to eliminate your hatred, it blinds you and making you bitter. When this thread was posted I would argue pro-Embiid. However as of right now it is harder to that. It will only get harder. You can definitely make case for Embiid over Alpi of course, but the opposite is also not crazy anymore. Especially considering their age, milage and Embiid’s proven lack of play off presence. I am still waiting for Alpi’s first playoff series to be 100% sure but the argument is far from what you make it out to be.

10. Risingred

Risingred Member

Embiid has much higher value than Sengun, so you will be required to include all the nets picks and other assets, probably Tari to get him. Are we missing only one piece that push us over the top? If it is, it's worth trading the whole farm for him. Unfortunately, I don't think we are at that point yet. Let's be honest with ourselves, if it is one for one, it'd be stupid not to do this trade, even Embiid is 29 and nobody knows how long his legs could hold up. I kind of feel the question needs to be more specific, like, would you trade Sengun + {the additional assets} for Embiid? The additional assets would determine the answer.

tagedieb and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Alpi could score 70 if he wanted to. He just doesn’t want to. He’d rather be a team player and facilitate for others.

HardenReturns, cumutk and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. plegus

plegus Member

I just finished watching the 70 piece. I stand corrected. My hate for Embiid’s foul hunting makes me forget how abnormal he is sometimes. I find myself hating him bcuz he actually does not need to flop for sh.t, too skilled for it unlike Giannis.

TL DR; I stand corrected, I’d still take Embiid unless proven otherwise by playoff performances again.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

move over Alpi :cool:

BallSoHarden likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL

harold bingo, 34to11 and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ummm you're saying Sengun is already in the tier of Embiid and Jokic? Or that in 4-5 years he could be what those 2 guys are now (I think the odds of that are close to 0, but not 0)

harold bingo and jcmoon like this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Its not about getting Sengun for Embid, its about what would we have to give up to do so. We would be better to look for shooters than look to replace our best piece.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

19. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

This is a ridiculous question. Any GM doesn't trade Sengun for Embiid would get fired in place. Not only that but they can't find another job since their mental health would be questioned. I would do that in a heartbeat, no question. And I am saying this as a Sengun fan.

34to11 and jcmoon like this.
  20. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Yeah Philly would be dumb to trade Embiid for Sengun