1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Sengun in a trade if it gets you Embiid?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 5, 2023.

?

Would you include Sengun in a trade if it gets you Embiid?

1. Yes.

2. Nope.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Did we get Embiid or Jokic??? I didn't hear it!

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Context matters. Sure Embid right now is better than Sengun. But our team sucks right now. So what's the point of getting an older injury prone player if it doesn't increase our championship odds. With Sengun this year we have a 0% chance to win it all. With Embiid we have a 0% chance to win it all. Trade makes absolutely no sense if you are building for the future cuz Sengun hasn't reached his potential and is way younger.

If you trade for Embiid you have to trade for another star to pair with him otherwise it makes no sense.

3. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I would trade Sengun for Embiid for the right price! The right question is not what Rockets fans, a.k.a. GMs, would do. The right question is what would 76ers want in return! Also, I think Sengun would fit in with 76ers better and Embiid with the Rockets...I think Embiid would cover for Jalen's and Jabari's weaknesses better than Sengun.

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If we get Embiid, we will immediately have the 1st or 2nd best player in the Conference. If we traded Sengun, Jalen, Olidepo and a Brooklyn's pick, we still have FVV, Brooks, J. Green, Jabari, Cam, Thompson, Tari, Tate, Holiday and Williams.

Denver is not that great, outside of Jokic since their bench players left. N.O is up and down, GS is getting older, the Fakers are just that fakers, Sac is all offense, no defense, so that leaves the Suns and OKC

To me, this year that is a playoff team in the West, possible 4th, 5th or 6th seed. If Cam and Thompson improves, you can trade FVV in off season and get better.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t really want to trade for a vet star like Embiid unless you are doing so knowing he has another star to play alongside.

So it’s a no right now not knowing who else he’ll be playing with but in a scenario where either Jalen/Jabari etc have developed into star player/s or there’s another star coming at the same time, hell yeah you trade Sengun for the MVP and one of the best true big men of this generation.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why do we want to be a 4-5-6 seed? We spun our wheels for years with Harden. Embiid is just like him. Foul baiting whining under performing in the playoffs. I personally don't think he's a top 2 player in the conference come playoff time. Once the refs swallow the whistle cuz he starts playing for the Rockets his numbers will plummet.

Not to mention I think we can make the playoffs this year with Sengun. If we can just get some consistency from Jalen or trade Jalen for someone who can produce we could even already be 4 5 6 seed.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I do agree if Jalen were better, the Rockets would be better and have a better record. But to me Sengun is limited. I think if we had Embiid, we would be 4 - 5 games better and in 1st or 2nd place as if now.

Also, I would feel a lot better about our interior defense. I know you guys LOVE Sengun but Im like Daryl Morey, he's just an asset

#67 hlmbasketball, Dec 5, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    Carpe82 likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

"Nope"

9. monster

monster Member

Timing is wrong, and it would cost 1/2 - 2/3 of our team. Stay the course.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. StroudAndYorDaddy

the nba was actually heavily invested in seeing those guys win tho because kids loved them.

the league doesn’t want ref-baiters like embiid, trae young or James harden to win anything. Because their style of basketball is largely a turnoff for hardcore nba fans which means lower tv ratings

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno how Embiid helps us win more games this season. All the games we lost were cuz the refs decided to let the other team shoot 20 more free throws than us. Scott Foster is gonna Scott foster regardless of who we have.

We can improve our interior defense in other ways besides trading our current best player. Jabari when he fills out will improve our D but right now he's too light in the pants and gets pushed around. We could upgrade the 4 spot with JJJ or something in the mean time. Or we could just move Tari into starting lineup for Jalen.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If Embiid was 3 years younger, but not now.

DD

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

no doubt... trade for him now. Embiid would feast and become Modern Hakeem here.

14. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Miles Turner would be a major upgrade...

15. Holybats

Holybats Member

No, not for an injury prone player.

16. TimDuncanDonaut

So I can understand the sentiment of Rocket fans on NO. And I've taken my fair number of shots at Embid's game, but seriously though....

...if you put on Stone/Patrick/Eli's GM hat, if Embid says he wants to come here, and Daryl gives Rockets first right of refusal, do you think our GM would turn 76ers down?

28 other active NBA GMs likely say yes to last year's MVP if they were Rocket's GM.

Getting Embid is unlikely, as Embid would want to go to a team more ready for playoffs. Little point to dwell on it, unless we're just fishing for Alp compliments. As a fan base, I rather we stay humble on our prospects.

#76 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    anthony59237 likes this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

#77 jim1961, Dec 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Doesn't make sense. You'd be elevating the starting center position (at an increased chance of injury, greater cap hit, and less certainty over time) by spending significant assets when center is currently one of your strengths relative to the rest of the NBA. If you're going to spend assets, spend them on acquiring pieces that improve your weaknesses relative to the rest of the NBA. Trading for Embiid would be like A&M spending all their NIL money on 5-star defensive tackles and ignoring the offensive line.

19. kokozo

kokozo Member

Can you please translate it for the non-Americans?

20. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm guessing that was for me. :D

I like Alp's game, but some of the takes here :p, if Embid was actually available, Stone would do it. It's not an Alp thing, no one on the current Rockets would be safe.

Agree with all the points about injuries and his age, but no doubt Stone would do it in a heartbeat for a current top ten player.

This is all hypothetical, and I kinda don't like this topic, because it forces me to unnessecarily say less complimentary things about our guys.

Old School74 likes this.