1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they disrespected the flag by kneeling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they took a knee during the anthem?

1. Yes-It's not disrespectful

87.8%
  2. No-GET OUT THE COUNTRY!

12.2%
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmfaoooooo

2. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

They have their right to protest as I do also.

Their protest does NOT automatically honor the people who bought and paid for their freedom. The protestors are only exercising their freedom - see the difference. I exercised my freedom to drive to work today but that is not honoring the DPS who issued the license to do so.

3. Rudyball

They have their right to protest as I do also.

Their protest does NOT automatically honor the people who bought and paid for their freedom. The protestors are only exercising their freedom - see the difference. I exercised my freedom to drive to work today but that is not honoring the DPS who issued the license to do so. Stomping on a flag would be exercising a right but not much honoring going into it.

4. Rudyball

What I am uniting for is the sacrifice these people made and are making - what is not to feel united about in that? Selflessness!

There are all kinds of issues in this country to feel disenfranchised over, and their issue is real and tough.

5. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

So just to be lame for a bit.
    Being from the other side of the globe (New Zealand) the things we are fed, even through OUR media is how divided America is. And while im in no position to judge or offer my opionion on the matter, i just wanted to point out (with a few exceptions) that the back and forth discussions here and the general respect of each each others opions on either side, is really great to see.

So again, no opinion, just props to all of you having a genuine discussion and being respectful. Which is reaaaaaallly hard to find on an internet discussion board haha

DonKnock, kjayp, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think what you're missing is they don't feel like they are part of this country, they feel cast aside. You speak so glibly about it, like it's meaningless and they should just get in line. That's what is actually sad!

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Facebook social media does not represent real life in this situation. When I go to the gym I see people wearing confederate flag bandanas talking to people of every race, cops chopping it up with the kids playing ball at the rec, army vets, people from every walk of life. It's not like what you see on tv with the kkk, skinheads and antifa. The media portrays everything so horribly but you should have seen hurricane Harvey. It was proof to me that when it comes down to it that it's humanity > everything

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think it is more divisive than you think. According to the article you referred to, 40% of large city populations voted for Trump against 56% for Clinton. It is a large margin in terms of election statistics.

But in terms of public sentiment, 40% of the population is a LOT of people (assuming the voting turn out roughly represent the general population). If 40% of the fans in a stadium root of one team, it will be about as loud as the 56% that root for the other team.

That said, I think a lot of people who voted for Trump are shaking their heads now. I am very sure that many of the Trump voters didn't actually like him. They were more about voting against the Clinton policies than for Trump the person.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Don't venture into the D&D

Tha_Dude and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's ok to disrespect fake Rockets fans

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm amazed how this has been ALL LIVES MATTERED
    Kneeling had NOTHING to do with the flag . . .freedom or speech
    but
    EVERYTHING to do with Police Brutality and injustice

Rocket River

DonKnock and ClutchLatina like this.
  12. Rudyball

You say glibly but that isn't the case at all. When I see they get it organized I will support it but BLM is not an organization I would support.

I guess I find it hard to understand how all of us, even the disenfranchised, can't honor the selflessness by black & white service men & women that is given to all of us - independent of the issues the country has. The vast majority of that selflessness spent out of the country. But I understand your point without any doubt - they feel they don't share in these great sacrifices given to them because there are many who have had their trust broken over local treatment of those who should be peace officers. But there are so many more good officers than bad.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This annoys the hell out of me. The veterans who make this about themselves are asshats with too much freaking hubris. This has nothing to do with them. The athletes are not protesting because of veterans.

It's silly deflection.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You live in the sticks, boss? Ain't anyone walking around Houston with a confederate bandana on. LMAO

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol kinda, my neighbor flies a confederate flag over his house lol. I'm in Laporte. Didn't grow up out here though so it was weird as **** at first lol

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Polls like this are only meant to divide and to push a false narrative. This thread should be locked and deleted.

The OP caveated the poll option with a complete different response from the original question.

Like anyone is going to say "why yes, I will stop supporting the Rocket and I feel we should expel them from the country."

Keep this D&D garbage in the D&D section of this site.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL. I would see some of that stuff on the back-roads (Katy Hockley) driving up to Waco.

I do see some trashy bars out in the burbs that bikers frequent. Maybe you'll find some bandanas there!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

After Harvey smoked us we were helping this single lady across the street rip out her carpet (African American) I've only lived here for like 10 months and the rednecks and I walked over there (from the confederate house lol) and she gave the dad a hug and a kiss on the cheek and said "my favorite hillbillys" lol they don't think much of it out here

sammy likes this.
  19. Progs

Progs Member

Hockley is a scary ass place. Almost got jumped out there by 3 rednecks.

sammy and Pen15clubber like this.
  20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I got my window smashed out last month and some ******* stole my monster rehab tea out of the dodge in Pasadena