1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they disrespected the flag by kneeling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they took a knee during the anthem?

1. Yes-It's not disrespectful

87.8%
  2. No-GET OUT THE COUNTRY!

12.2%
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Bet you won't make that mistake again lol #imfkingtellingonyou

JaceMan da SpaceMan likes this.
  2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

What the in the ****s?

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao, you are family to me

4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

You're like my son. I have it out to make him better but you dudes always bite me in the ass. Stop doing that.

topfive and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm not trying to bite that ass daddy I'm just saying we gotta clean up our acts before granddaddy comes in here and tags all the Feds and shuts this whole thing down

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Jackie Robinson > Colin Kaepernick

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Yes, I'm aware most players have some sort of charity or cause they donate money and support with their time. However, I'm not specifically aware of players who have taken up work on the stated reason Kap started sitting/kneeling, which was...

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Media after Friday’s game. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

In fact, I believe Kap was a guy that donated his time and money to good causes, that was prior to meeting his activist girlfriend.

My point was there are more productive ways to work at solving the problem.

As I said in another post, police are like any other segment of our society, there are really good ones and some not as good. Part of that is probably like the military, teachers, and other critical skills in our country we don't pay them what their value or sacrifices are worth. So you get a mix of folks who want to serve for the right reasons and some that join for maybe the wrong reasons. What really disgusts me is what our society has come to reward entertainers above those that serve. While athletes and actors can earn fortunes for playing a game or being in a movie, many of our young military live around the poverty line. We have a severe imbalance in what we reward and recognize in our society.

As a veteran who has bled and lost brothers in the field, I would hope you would be just or even more disgusted by the number of vets that commit suicide everyday. Depending what study you look at the data was collected originally from 1999-2011, and calculated at over 8000 per year on average. That's almost 1000% more deaths than what occurs in incidents with police on a yearly basis across all races. That's an epidemic and something every American should be outraged about, yet it gets virtually no media coverage. Does that make it a cause any less important.than what we're talking about here? There have been almost 52 million babies aborted in America between 1970-2013 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_statistics_in_the_United_States), those numbers just blow me away. Do we hear the media talk about how many babies we're killing every year? No way.

I'm not taking my time to write this to refute you or any other person that wants to support athletes kneeling during the anthem. Instead, I just want everyone to realize the media and others in (and out of) our country are manipulating the narrative to achieve diverseness that is not to any of our benefit. There are better ways to fight injustice that are positive steps. There are also many other injustices that don't get attention, that truly deserve our attention.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Their cause is not as important to you as others. Cool. They still can protest. This is America. Our President is forgetting that.

alethios likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry to quote you and not others because yours happened to be the last post. Plus you are one of the more respected posters here.

Your response and many others' are exactly the problem with all this fuss. Someone mentioned that Trump is the biggest troll. Yes, you all are being trolled by him. By directing the attention of this protest to being anti-Trump, the attention has been turned from the real cause of the protest. Now few people are talking about injustice. Now it's all about Trump and about free speech when free speech is the least of the problem in this country compared to the injustice Kap was trying to show.

Stark44 did not say that he is against the cause. He is against the METHOD of protesting. People jumping to argue against him just ignore his argument and keep accusing him of something else. I guess this is human nature. Same thing happen again and again in these forums. The trolls get most of the attention while the real points of the reasonable ones get ignored.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is going to sound like a shocker.

Sit down. It's a dousy.

Maybe we shouldn't have a President who resorts to trolling?

Maybe we should have a president that believes in the principles of the bill of rights?

Maybe people are not stating that he doesn't have a right to do the stupid **** he does but rather they are calling him out for being stupid and trollish?

And maybe there are some actual veterans who are legitimately pissed off that the president is using dead veterans as a prop to dismiss a protest that has nothing to do with veterans? You 'support the troops' but dismiss some of their complaints?

Maybe I'm not a troll and actually am pissed that this **** stain of a president who thinks POWs are losers and then has the audacity to use veterans as shields to dismiss a protest over a worthy cause because that cause is something that the right wing dismisses all the time?

Is it a coincidence that the majority of the ones irked by a god damn ****ing knee bend are the same ones who before the protest constantly defended policing in this country as infallible?

#571 fchowd0311, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    alethios likes this.
  12. alethios

alethios Member

People tend to forget pretty easily but there were a number of veterans that came out in support of Kaepernick. In truth, if you aren't exercising your right to protest against tyranny or stand up for something you feel passionate about, you are disrespecting the lives lost in defending that freedom and right to speak your mind.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Man, all these white people are taking out their angst on millionaire black athletes, you would think they would hold millionaire/billionaire white businessmen to the same standard. Ain't that some ish.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. rockpileindisma

White people, man

15. Daddy Long Legs

They suck honestly

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's like terrorists giving Muslims a bad name. Conservative White America tries to hold our nation back like always with their buuuullshiiiieeeet.

Nick Wright had a great segment on this recently. Anyway, this thread needs to exit the GARM. LOL.

Edit: found the link --

17. rockpileindisma

229 black people were killed by whites last year

504 whites were killed by blacks

Both at all time highs in almost a decade :eek:

18. Daddy Long Legs

Im almost 100% sure that they will not kneel due to nba rules but cp3 made it sound like he wants to send a message somehow