1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they disrespected the flag by kneeling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they took a knee during the anthem?

1. Yes-It's not disrespectful

87.8%
  2. No-GET OUT THE COUNTRY!

12.2%
  1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You are draped in the American flag when you die in battle.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I ****ing love that movie

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So you are comparing taking a knee in a football game to the terrorists attack?

Way to go champ.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And?

So any symbolic protest that involves the flag is an attack on veterans?

Veterans don't own the rights to the flag. They KNOW that these athletes bending their knee for the anthem HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

It's being selfish.

DonKnock, el gnomo and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I guess both?

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

if i have nothing better in life to do... i usually go to my bible.. the bible says this...

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadethme beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

7. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I'm speechless.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its kind of sad that in this era to see people like you still living in a cave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

watch tinman come in be like wtf.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@Le$$ i love you because you have range

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Standing for the anthem is basically telling the military men thank you. You don't need to know the words. Standing is saying 'I appreciate you all'. It's their moment to feel pride, because it's something the majority of them hold dear to themselves. I'm in favor of what Dallas did, kneel in protest before and then stand for the anthem- that standing during anthem is for them.

It is selfish and ignorant to say 'don't get butthurt, were not trying to offend you'. There is freedom to not stand, but 'don't get butthurt' when people label you as having little character and proceed to not take your legitimate message seriously anymore because they see you as disrespectful, unappreciative, spoiled, selfish brats with low IQ for using this particular way as an avenue for protest.

I say that because I agree with the message, but it's hard to take someone seriously when they protest equality by insulting people representing equality.

Even harder to take someone serious when they say the one's they are insulting are selfish. That is like you being a Rockets season ticket holder, spending your whole life buying memorialbillia and watching your team play. Losing your voice from screaming on the top of your lungs. Sticking by them when they are lottery bound and seemingly quitters. They finally make it to the finals, it goes to game 7. It's out of city and you buy a ticket, airfare, accommodation and call into work. You're in the stadium, starting line ups announced. Tip off is about to occur when suddenly Harden, Paul and the rest of the team sit down. They are going to forfeit the game in protest. No thanks or apology to the fans attending. Infact, Trevor Ariza gets on and tells them 'This ain't about you fans, this is about something else so don't be mad'. I wouldn't necessarily label you as selfish if you were insulted as a fan for all the countless hours and money spent to experience that moment to just be denied.

RockWest likes this.
  12. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

First you asked "Did you file any protests when movies like planet of the apes 3 that showed the american flag was burning and also hundreds of films blowing up the white house also?"
    I replied, "So if ISIS or somebody blow up white house or world trade center you ignore? You don't treat them as terrorists? Way to mix up movie and reality." I was telling you not to mix up movie and realities.
    Blowing up white house in real life is definitely a crime. I don't think of arresting fictional characters for doing fictional crime in a movie.

Then you accuse me of "comparing taking a knee in a football game to the terrorists attack", when you were the one who brought up blowing up white house, I merely compared blowing up white house in movie vs in real life.

And then you accused me of living in a cave and showed images from movies I watched before. You just keep looking for a new target in every post lmao.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I love you too dawg !

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. BackdoorHarden

hell yea. He ain't my president! Damn DOTARD

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

OMG HOW CAN THIS GUY JUST COME AND CALL US THIS? WITH ALL WITH HAPPEN THREW THE HURRICANES, HOUSTON MIGHT BE REALLY STRONG SOON.... STAY TOGETHER PEOPLE... LETS STAND FOR THIS HATER.

16. fchowd0311

The Rockets are not a nation-state. What a shitty analogy.

An entire nation is not infallible. An athlete bending his knee during the anthem is stating that this country isn't infallible and we need to express some hard truths.

It has nothing to do with with veterans and I'll say it again as a purple heart recipient who's actually lost friends in battle, the veterans who are making this into an attack on themselves are being absurdly petty.

DonKnock, el gnomo and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

CP3 said they would do some kind of demonstration.

I'm out.

Friend of mine went to Nuevo Laredo with friends. 6 patrol cars surrounded them and
    forced the group to put their hands on their heads. Then went through their pockets. My friend had
    the Swiss Army knife with about 2 inch blade. All the officers aimed their AK47 type assault
    rifles at the group.

Told them they were going to jail unless they came up with $500 dollars. They put together about
    $120 dollars. They were told to leave Mexico and go back to the USA. My friend told me he crapped
    his pants when they aimed the AK47's.

No matter how bad people think the cops are in America are; try living elsewhere. If 1 cop in 20 is
    corrupt in America, the odds are probably 19 out of 20 cops are corrupt in Mexico. I lived in Laredo
    for 5 years.

I'm with Beverley who said he learned a lot while playing in the Soviet Union. He came back
    and kissed the ground. When asked if Beverley would kneel, he said, oh no. I respect the flag
    and all it stands for. I would prefer the athletes protest to the reporters. We can read about it
    or not.

18. fchowd0311

This is the silliest post ever.

"Other countries are worse so let's ignore our problems".

That type of logic will surely keep America in its place as the global hegemon.

19. BackdoorHarden

"If you don't like this country, get out!" said all the Nazi to the Jews and anti-Nazi.

Is this what you want this country to be? One voice, one president, one DOTARD?

DonKnock and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Unbelivalbe the mount of hate you people bring, you wonder why we was at the church ....