1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would you do Pekovic for Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rjr, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

I would. To hell with Martin and would even take Darko but they would need to put in one of their many picks.

2. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

3. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

a front court of gasol/pekovic, with dally off the bench would be extremely strong and a significant upgrade

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah I would do it in a heartbeat but would LAL/Minny? Lakers remain adamant that they want a star-level player in any trade involving Gasol, and if I were the Wolves I don't think I would give up Pek for Martin + Pat.

5. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

your probably right but i do think rick the ruler would jump at a chance to get kmart in his system, especially if he can convince kahn, as for LA no team is going to give them what they want for gasol so they would take the best available offer

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know if LA is that obligated to trade Gasol but maybe! I hope so.

7. jocar

jocar Member

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

They would do Lowry + expirings for Gasol in a heartbeat and thank us for the pleasure. But Morey won't go there.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

screw pau and his 18.7M/yr contract for a 31 yr old... Minnie wants him...and LA wants Beasley... here's the move...

Minn out Beasley/DWill/Pekovic
    Minn in Pau/Bud

LA out Pau/scrub
    LA in Scola/Beasley/Dragic or Flynn

Hou out Scola/Bud/Dragic or Flynn
    Hou in Pekovic/DWill

Lowry/Dragic or flynn
    Kmart/Clee/Twill
    Parsons/Morris/TWill
    PPat/DWill/JHill/Smith
    Pekovic/Sam/JHill

thats solid....with upside....
    and we dont lose $1 in capspace for the offseason (Dwill/Pekovic are less than Scola/Bud)

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

most sensible gm's wouldn't either, you don't want a volume chucker who needs the offense ran through them (and they both suck at defense).

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

In a heartbeat, i flat out think Lee starting and Budinger off the bench would make us a better team. Martin gives up as much as he adds. With his struggles this year, he actually has a negative effect on the team, and he gets paid like a star to do it. Pekovic would be and upgrade, and it would get the train wreck Jordan hill out of the rotation, although he still doesn't elevate us to contenders.

My only hesitation would be that Martin inexplicably still has value to some gms, and we might be able to get more for him.

I've seen enough, he just doesn't have a well rounded enough game to help you win. Every now and then he'll explode and win a game, but mostly he puts up empty numbers, kills the team on d, and doesn't create for others. No team with Kevin Martin playing 25 plus minutes will ever compete for anything.

1 person likes this.
  12. rjr

rjr Member

I think Pekovic would really flourish under McHale,with his upside,and size.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Most epic thread title of the year candidate #1

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The wolfs are packed with 4's. The very last thing they need is a 4. So patterson wouldn't really make sense, hill isn't good either but he's the biggest guy behind the bear and the beet. Anyways their 5 spot sucks, all they have is darko and miller, i would consider hill an upgrade over them. That move would probably get us a couple more wins, a decent 26 year old center with potential and B-Easy's expiring contract at minimum. In the end though i don't really see a trade that makes a lot of sense involving martin and pekovic.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I tend to agree with this. I guess I could maybe see Martin + Dalembert for Pekovic + garbage expiring contracts. I wouldn't do it if I was Minny, but then again RA does love him some K-Mart.

How about this... would you go Martin, Dalembert, and the NY Knicks pick for Pekovic and expirings?

16. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Nope.
    Name six shooting guards that are better than K-Mart (rule changes or not, not to mention a shortened season to adjust to those rule changes) & that play superb defense.

This YEAR -
    Top SGs
    1. D.Wade
    2. Kobe
    3. Monta (? tweener)
    4. Manu (When he was healthy this year people were saying MVP)
    5. K-Mart (could switch Allen's position with K-Mart)
    6. Ray Allen
    7. Joe Johnson
    8. Jamal Crawford (playing more pg nowadays)

One thing all these shooting guards benefit from except K-Mart is playing with at least one all-star if not superstar. Or them self is considered one or the other. Sufficient bigs are over abundantly available nowadays in an array of ways. Prominent 2 guards are not. Be appreciative for once if not grateful Rockets fans. In addition maybe two shooting guards on this list play sufficiently consistent d, Kobe & maybe D.Wade both superstars.

& you can say K-Mart plays with K.Low who himself is all-star caliber however its highly unlikely he will ever see the all-star game due to the fact that of the guards in the west (although this has no ill effect on his impact). Not including Curry or Rubio who are all-star bound and are more fan friendly. If we are to trade Martin that going to leave a glaring hole in our back court please don't Courtney Lee could replace the productivity that Martin brings there is a reason he hasn't started over Martin now & even when he did start in NJ he didn't put up outstanding numbers on a sub par squad at the time that had a decent big man. K-Mart spreads the floor, keeps his man honest, & with that makes it easier for pick & pops with the fours (Scola & P.Pat) and driving lanes for Parsons, & K.Low. People that want Martin gone more than likely haven't played organized ball in their lifetime (speaking solely from a inexperienced biased POV) Simply speculating.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yes, I would trade Kevin for Pekovic...

Not because Ithink Martin is the suckz...But I think Pekovic helps this team more.

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Minny would never do that. Peko will be the best center in the game (unless some youngster emerges)

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Absolutely

Getting a young starting center for Martin would be nice, and depending on the structure of the deal, it could give us added cap space.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Um, Howard is the same age as Pekovic, so I doubt it.