1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would you do Pekovic for Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rjr, Feb 21, 2012.

1. psingh34

psingh34 Member

no way adelman would want hill, he never played him. I could see him interested in someone like patterson though, martin/patterson for pekovic and beasley would work but how much better would we be with pekovic vs dalembert? I think that move might make up better but we would basically be in the same class as before the trade

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

In other words, D-Mo will be a monster.;)

3. psingh34

psingh34 Member

also dont forget next year martin, a scorer (18 points despite struggling this year), and a 13 million expiring contract will be an excellent trade bait

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I strongly disagree about Martin, Leeb. I think Adelman would love to have Martin, a smart and efficient 2 guard who knows his system and loved playing in it. I also think Martin has a lot of value around the league. What I don't think is that the T-Wolves are going to want to trade Pekovic for him. So in that sense, I agree that they are in the drivers seat.

5. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

They just may Bite on A Martin/Ppat for Pekovic/Beasely. Pekovic Has really good upside and Is a banger. That's what The Rockets desperately need.

6. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'd definitely do this. I also think Lee deserves a decent contract and a starting position from is with how well he's been playing simply off the bench AND last night's clutch game didn't hurt that resume of his either.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

They don't have any minutes for Patterson. Anthony Randolph is already getting zero minutes off the bench and I hate to say it but he's better than Pat.

8. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Salaries don't match, no way this would go through... What else would you do to balance the trade? I'd say "no" to about anything else the Wolves are willing to cobble together in a trade, because it would mean more from us as well. To get salaries to match, we'd end up with some of the Wolves' garbage salaries or garbage players.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Heck yeh I'd move Kmart for Pekovic...
    I'm all over pullin some assets from Minnie - they got everything we need - legit SF in Beasley, Young PF with upside Derrick Williams, potential cornerstone big man in Pekovic...

I've been yellin that we need to get on as the third wheel in moving Pau to LA ever since word was Minnie wanted him.....LA wants Beasley... we throw CBud, Flynn or Dragic and Scola and pullback Derrick Williams or Pekovic...

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What about Martin, Dally, Ppat, Bud, ny pick (lost alot of value) for Pek, Beasley, Johnson, Randolph? This is after the restriction of dally's contract is off.
    Lowry/Dragic
    Lee/ Johnson
    Beasley/ Parsons
    Scola/ Randolph
    Pekovic/ Smith

Rubio/ Barea
    Martin/Ridnour
    Bud/ Webster
    Love/ Ppat
    Dally/ Darko

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I wouldn't even take Beasley for free.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Doubt Minnie would do it...
    Pekovic/Beasley/WJohnson for Kmart/Bud/JHill works on trade machine...

13. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Martin fits right in for Adelman system.
    Minnesota will do it for sure.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

When the Rockets hired McHale my first thought was "a bad GM doesn't necessarily mean bad coach". Then when I actually looked into McHale's resume, he wasn't that bad. Probably the definition of average when stacked up against other GMs. Joe Smith blunder notwithstanding.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This 100%, he's absolutely garbage.

And for those thinking "he was drafted last year".

Well, he's also 25 years old this year, and normally when you are this old when you are drafted you're supposed to make big contributions straight away, and so far he has nothing to show for. He's everything that could go wrong with a lottery pick.

16. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

u dont keep Beasley. u package beasley/scola/dragic for p.gasol

17. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Minnesota has alot to be excited about it, a new point guard sensation, all-star power forward (who is quite possibly the best player at his position), and a center who is also on the rise. With a band crew of veteran Ridnour, decent Randolph, not-so bad Beasley when his head screwed on straight, Darko as backup center, and young Derrick Williams (who has potential). Lead by Rick Adelman.

I guess David Kahn is not looking so bad these days.

19. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I'd really contest that statement. Our coach left him with assets (very reasonable contracts in Foye/Gomes/Smith) that included picks and Al Jefferson, cap space and K-Love/Pekovic. What has he done since then? Got Beasley from a Miami team looking for cap room, facilitated a couple large deals, and drafted Rubio. Trading Al Jefferson for Utah's 1st round pick was the worst deal of that off-season. Leaving Rubio aside, I don't really see what he's done.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Except Kevin McHale drafted 2 of their 3 best players and Kahn admitted he didn't scout for the Rubio draft since he just got the job a couple weeks before (the same draft that landed them Flynn and had them trading away Lawson.

Kahn's other moves include overpaying Darko, drafting Wes Johnson and D Williams. He still looks pretty bad on balance.