1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you do a trade of Ryan Anderson for Melo still?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jun 1, 2018.

?

Would ya?

1. Yup - Get Rid of Ryno

142 vote(s)
    71.7%
  2. Nah- Melo is a cancer. At least Ryno will DNP without being a distraction.

56 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bring CP25 home?

[​IMG]

2. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

You acquire melo and you acquire his no trade and he costs more than anderson

You forfeit your chance at lebron and paul george because you wont have enough moveable pieces without hurting the team.

You are doubling down on your cap management ignorance i see. Cmon man morey is about roster flexibility. Anderson and gordon are all thats left of flexibility. Gordon isnt enough alone.

The market would be harder to trade melo then Anderson. You know so little about cap management i would wuestion any opinion you have over market.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

He has 1 yr left on his deal, Anderson has 2.

Rox need a 3rd scorer so Gordon can do what he does best on the bench.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo cam waive his no trade clause to play with lebron and Cp3. Melo and Anderson's salary isn't far apart Melo makes 25M Anderson makes 22M next year.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

our 3rd scorer is Ego, and he’s a much better option than Melo as that 3rd scorer

I’m not sure how adding Melo allows Gordon to do what he does best on the bench.

Soneca likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Regarding Ryno's contract beyond moving it this offseason - you are thinking like someone who is trying to finagle and circumvent the caps - at any cost. Tillman is running a business and cant be expected to spend money foolishly...
    Assuming we sit on Ryno's contract until next offseason... I have to assume the liability of the last year would rise substantially above that 100m cost - being a larger amount of salary for the last year, our other contracts increasing (such as James big bump), and repeating cap offender charges... so if the contract doesnt get moved again next offseason - Tillman is on the hook for another 100+M....
    If you wanna spend 100M thisyear on damaged goods and then gamble 100+M that Ryno's then expiring contract is going to buy you some missing piece - that will 'allow you' to continue the treadmill of gross overspending... thats just not fiscally responsible...
    idk what to tell you, bro... thats just nuts...

Business...

roslolian likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can put Gordon on the 2nd unit because Melo becomes the 3rd scorer on the first unit. Gordon is best as the sixth man instead of in the starting line up.

8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Lmao your in amazement over ignorance. Says alot

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

[​IMG]

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ego is only in the starting lineup whenever CP3 or Harden is injured and we only have 2 guards available, other than that he is in his usual 6th man role...Melo isn’t keeping Ego on the bench as the 6th man whenever 1 of our 2 star guards is out, only another reliable guard could do that which we did not have on the roster this year

Melo has no business starting if u ask me, dude is washed and was a negative on both ends of the court this past season

11. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

If you get to next year you can find a person to take anderson 1 year. Keep the flexibility. You are paying this year regardless. Anderson will be an expiring next offseason. If your plans fail he wont be hard to move. You are locking in your team now with an anderson for melo. Paying more luxury tax this year even, and leaving yourself with no options the next year.

And you arent spending 100 million on anderson. Its the teams contracts. TEAM. That article was looking at everything through I hate anderson goggles and ignoring the fact its the teams salaries that add up to the luxury tax bill. He is just a part of it. Its not 80 million for his portion. Its if his math is right 80 million because of all the contracts. You could frame it anyway you wanted.

It was an irresponsible article. That now has led to mass missinformation, without looking at any of the benefits. They just cherry picked the weakest link. When we make a move this offseason and unload that contract, it will only be possible because of the anderson contract.

Morey will work within the budget constraints tillman gives him. Its none of your concern if tillman has already agreed upon it. Im sure morey already knows his options and budget amounts

12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

If it was an even swap yea for sure. We could AT LEAST get some "PRODUCTION" from him rather than pay a dude 20mil+ to watch him sit on the bench lol..

Melo can't play 30+ min/game no more as a starter. HOWEVER, i think his skill set and vet presence would be extremely useful coming off the bench in an open/free moving formation set that we use imo. Thats just me tho.

amaru likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Might be the only way out of Ryno's contract.

Problem is Melo is a cancer and will DEMAND to start. He's at least more useful than Ryno was but you have to wonder if his cancer me first attitude would spread through the team.

I also keep thinking he'd just fit better with this team than anywhere else because Harden and CP3 are going to share the sugar. Harden at times goes into modes where all he will do is just pass. Melo will get his shots in this offense always and that would make Melo happy, happy Melo can nut up and play defense everynow and then.

If we don't get Lebron or PG13 which is likely I don't mind just making this move and going back at the Warriors.

Thunder make this move obviously because Melo has become a cancer there and they need a role player that can stretch the floor. The question is if they can tolerate Melo for another season vs Ryan Anderson.

mike2k132 likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Are you dense? I never said it would help cap space.

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Melo not interesting in coming off the bench

16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

It wasnt you , it was the other poster. You get them jumbled up you see so much wrong and multiple people with wrong facts at once. sorry

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol I've watched almost every single rockets since I was like 7. But I also watch as many games from other teams as humanly possible. During melo career he player d when he wanted to just like harden does. They are basically the same. Of course harden played better d this year. Cause the guys around him demanded it this year. Same would be for melo.

18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U my friend gets it..i don't think people are very smart. With the tempo the league is headed u have have many ball dominant players on one team cuz you just have more possessions. Our 9.secs or less encourages guys to jack up shots. U do the math that the sheer volume of threes will overcome the percentage u actually shot. Morey gets this rockets fans should too. Ima take names.of the people who think it's a bad idea. N I too will own up if I'm wrong.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I dont want either of them, lol.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well what if you can't find someone to take Anderson's deal next year? You just wasted 1 year for ***** and giggles wtf.

Usually teams trade expirings for bad contracts+low picks, why will the Rox want any part of that? If Melo is available for Anderson you do it immediately bef9re Presti changes his mind.