1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would this make you mad or am I overrreacting?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Jan 27, 2008.

1. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

bit harsh, and this was just a hangout topic. I can't imagine how you'll react to people once you get your rifle. ;)

2. WWR

WWR Member

May be the same reason I go to different places. I get free food at many places in uniform and don't go back to the same place everytime.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Overreaction

Who cares?

And just because you have the same menu doesn't mean the food is the same

Signed,

Steak and Ale
    and
    Pappa's Steakhouse

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Big overreaction. You should zero in on the chick, not the potential in-laws. The odds of being wild about her parents, regardless of "evil" food purchases, are slim, anyway.

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

damn, you're going to make me make a proper post. btw, i have two pistols and one is still brand new. haven't shot my HK once. :cool:

come on now, this guy is blowing smoke because his girlfriends mom is eating at a different restaurant. instead of throwing a pout over it, he should just ask her why. none of us know why she does, there could be a million scenarios/what ifs but you don't know until you go directly to the source.

i think he might be overreacting because he could be a control freak. what next? his girlfriends parents can't drink pepsi because his parents sell coke? haha

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL!

I own a bunch of Seattle's Best Coffee shops, but will myself go to Starbucks once in a while.

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

from personal experience:

my cousins own a restaurant. i know when i go there i will always get free food. but you know what? i hardly do. why? b/c i do feel like a charity case. i don't know why, but i do. plus, my cousins aren't exactly the most humble people.

so, maybe it has to do with your parents and how they present themselves...maybe.

8. Omer

Omer Member

This thread is hilarious, some of the comments...

Yeah I think you might be overreacting slightly. Like others said, your girl's mom might just feel bad about getting free food at your restaurant every time. Everyone has a bit of pride of their own, and they don't feel like taking free food on a regular basis.

Also, maybe she just prefers the other restaurant a bit more. Doesn't necessarily mean anything negative about your relationship.

People's taste buds naturally have a liking to certain tastes and unfortunately just cause your girl likes your family taste, doesn't mean her mom has to too. :D

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Actually I know someone that works for budweiser as a lawyer and if they are caught drinking miller they are fired. Not Joking.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

something like that makes sense...sort of like if you walk into a Ford dealership and see the salesmen driving Chevys. big no-no.

i remember Deon Sanders was on Letterman one night. at the time, he was a spokesman for Pepsi. Letterman surprised him with a coke/pepsi taste test. luckily, Sanders passed. i'm sure Pepsi was ****ting bricks at the time.

in his case, his g/f's mother can do whatever she wants.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Pimp slap the both of them.

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Ah internet tough guy comes out. No, I am not.

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You're overreacting, IMO. My wife owns a gift shop for ladies along with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and they are always buying stuff that are from competitor's stores. Every once and awhile, I'll say something like "Why are you buying this from there - you know that is a competitor to your business?" She just looks at me and gets it anyway, lol. It is just something women do - there's no logic or reason to it - they do things on an emotional whim. Your girlfriend's mom probably chose this other restaurant on an emotional whim because she probably heard they were running some special.

14. gr8-1

The title of the thread was "...am I overreacting" not "my b!tch MIL needs to get her @$$ kicked." See the difference. And, I did ask her, she doesn't post here and was just looking for a second opinion.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

gr8-1 you posted the same thread on Orangebloods. JAJAJAJA!!!!

Regarding your dilema. You really can't control your gal's momma or her taste buds. No reason to get upset. Know if it was your gal, you would have a situation parrallel to the one Artie and Tony Soprano had in season 5. ...or was it 4?

BTW you should host a Darell Scott party at your parent's on NSD.

16. gr8-1

good to get perspective from both sides, and admittedly there's a crossover.

No can do on the party, lol. Besides, I don't think we're gonna get Scott.

17. gr8-1

Weird thing is car salesman are so flighty, they rarely drive the brand they work for.

I would've nailed it. Pepsi is way sweeter than coke.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, considering the fact that if she eats at your place, you are losing money on her, I dont see the big problem. If she eats at the competitors place, the money you save from her not eating at your place goes into the competitors pocket...its a wash.

Let her do that.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i hate pepsi its disgusting and i would not drink it, id rather not drink anything.

20. Asian Sensation

I thought the same thing. Maybe she feels bad or guilt to be getting free food....I guess it has to do with pride and coming off as a free loader to always be eating there for free. I could be way off though.