1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would the Rocket fan-base decrease if Yao was traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LakersPride, Dec 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. tmac&Yao

tmac&Yao Member

oh,MY god!

I just cannt image this happen.

This Thread should be closed,now!

2. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

seeing some random morons whining here made me crying into tears. :D

No loss?

3. RocketsAddict

RocketsAddict Member

I admire all true rockets fans. You missing the whole point of this discussion
    is a sign that you're truly a rocket-on-fan.

4. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

It's funny that you are laughing at others' poor English.
    There are thousands of NBA forums in China,we can communicate with our mother language easily,so why do we join a forum even I can't understand many of the words?Am I crazy?NO , cuz I am a fan of Yao,a fan of Rocket ,a fan of NBA.

Most of u only see there are many stupid YOFs,but ignore there are even more TRUE fans who are concerning NBA(I mean NBA ,not Rocket only)

I don't like YOFs either,but I never hate them .Maybe many of them don't know much about NBA,the basketball,even never heard about NBA at all,they just started to watch NBA when Yao got in.They just feel proud of him and cheer for him and the team.Is that their fault?Is that the reason why u look down upon them?

Take an example,if u know nothing about USA's volleyball team,but they got a Gold medal in the Olympic,you feel exciting and post "American volleyball team is the best",someone who are truly volleyball fan will say"what a stupid XOF".What do you feel now?

5. PlayDoh

PlayDoh Member

Wow, i feel like an idiot now after reading your reply. everything u said there is correct and appologize for being stupid. I think it is because of those people that making posts like this that get me angry:
    "Yao number 1 plaier all other rox plaier sux pass ball to Yao!! trade Yao away u no good to yao. Yao will be happy oher team! trade yao now!!"

6. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

PlayDoh said he hates their bad English, not poor English. Technically, bad English and poor English have different meanings. I think PlayDoh meant to say poor English but he has just used the wrong vocabulary.

7. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i don't understand your example.
    if the USA volleyball team wins the gold medal, they will be the best. why would a true volleyball fan say "what a stupid XOF'? what team do you think a true volleyball fan should consider the best?

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

if yao is 'supposedly' making so much money Le$ , then why is he so afraid to pay luxury tax?

9. rocketfan.china

I would say 90 percent :eek:

10. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

uhh i just arrived in beijing last week and here lots of people I know are already stop watching rockets due to their records. So if yao leaves houston, all the chinese will go with him

11. RonnieRocket

RonnieRocket New Member

What is the definition of a true fan?
    As far as worldwide NBA more people are fans of a player than of a team.

12. firefive

firefive Member

I think I'm the 2nd. Whem Yao went to the Rox, I loved to watch Rox team. But I still watch other team, I love NBA. If Yao is trade, I'll still watch the NBA games, of course, more Yao's games.

p.s., I'm a Chinese lives in dalian China.

13. firefive

firefive Member

I'm very sorry about my bad Endlish. :cool:

14. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Sad to say, but the Rockets would become an afterthought in this city if Yao left. You would still have your hardcore fans, like most of us here on the board, but the general "fan" would be gone.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

does it really matters if the fan base decreases? Its not like football in europe where money matters. As long as rockets wins, i am happy.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

That's obvious

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Where do you take the "evenly" from? I might have missed this.

I would assume that there is a certain calculation for a distribution that takes into accounts which jerseys are sold more. In other words, if 80 % of all NBA merchandise sold in China were Rockets jerseys, I doubt that the Rockets would only receive 1/29 of the proceeds from the merchandise sales. My personal assumption, not based on research, but on business experience, would be that a certain percentage goes to the NBA as an organization, a certain percentage gets distributed evenly to all teams and that the team whose branded merchandise gets sold gets something extra or a higher percentage of the proceeds. That would take into account that the NBA as a whole makes marketing efforts in these countries, but it also takes the teams' individual marketing and brand-building efforts into account. I might be wrong, this is just a guess.

18. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

PlayDoh hates himself for his own bad English...oh sorry...I mean his poor English.

19. RoxD

RoxD Member

What a thread. :D

Do not just talk. Do it. Trade Yao first, then let's count.

20. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

You are right. Whoever hates on other people because of their language skill is an idiot.