1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would the Rocket fan-base decrease if Yao was traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LakersPride, Dec 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

No, its something I wanna see what you guys will say.

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Any guess on how much the shoe contracts are worth?

If Yao is traded to another team, what would happen to the value of Les's Anta stock?

If the players with the shoe contracts are no longer with the Rockets and Yao still is, are their shoe contracts terminated? Anything beyond their NBA salary should be regarded as a bonus to the respective players.

Yes, Les has made some moves over the years that probably had a profit - economic angle, but I don't know the returns on his Chinese business compared to what he gets from the team as an American business entity or just from the appreciation (increase) of the team's value if he was to sell it.

Sure, Les likes money, but there is also some ego involved with winning a Championship for most sports team owners (Clippers, Pirates and a few other teams come to mind as exceptions).

I am not suggesting to trade Yao, but if the right trade offer was presented to the Rockets that would definitely make them a much more viable NBA Championship contender...........I would guess that Les would take the deal and not worry excessively about the possible impact on his Chinese ventures.

3. withYAO

withYAO Member

Anybody else in Rockets can attract me except for YAO?

4. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

5. taohappytao

taohappytao Member

I am chinese, but i am not Yao fan. I am rocket fan now. because yao is still.

If YAO will be traded, i will also support rocket. but less.

6. taohappytao

taohappytao Member

Trade Yao will be better for rocket and YAO.

7. poprocks

poprocks Member

Yao is the absolute last guy that Les Alexander would trade away. Kill the goose that laid the golden eggs? NO WAY!

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Give it time; this is only the fifth or sixth year... :D

9. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

hahaha. U r a real fun of basketball. lol.

10. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

That might be the reason u r poor and he is rich ;)

11. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

look what santa brought me!
    a shiny purple and gold turd! :D

12. 3186205

3186205 Member

Definitely!It will be a disaster for Rox and Yao whatever.Rox will lose a big market and Yao will lose a good team for him.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh come on, of course the team would lose a ton of it's fans if Yao left......but not the REAL fans of the team that have been around forever.

I am a Rockets fan...regardless of whether Yao is on the team or not, but if you follow the Rockets because of Yao, welcome aboard.

Big deal.

Stupid topic.

DD

14. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

Lul Wut?

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I wonder.. for all of those that said they're only here for Yao, if he wins a championship with us and then retires, will you still be a Rox fan?

I understand the YOF's and I'm sorta ok with it, it's just when they troll and say something like "I don't care if the Rockets lose or win as long as Yao gets his triple double" that gets to me. I can't imagine any team forum being happy about a comment like that. Be prepared to get trashed and demoted to a rookie when making a comment like that.

For me.. I was a DOF (Dream) and I left when he left. jk

16. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

I was a big NBA fan when Jordan was playing.

Now if it was not for Yao, I won't even care about any NBA games, as NBA games today is more of a show than a sports. All the referees manipulations in the games, all the baby calls, the lack of fundamentals for a lot of so called super stars, haven't won a world champainship in many years ...

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I was exactly like you before I moved to Houston as a kid. I didn't know much about bball except for Jordan. But then I came here and met Hakeem and he changed everything for me. Jordan is still my all time favorite player, but I'd pick the Rockets over him now.

18. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Agree with you on this.

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

DD I have to disagree with you on this. First, this is NOT a stupid topic.

Basketball, whether you like it or not, is a business. Real fans or YOF, they both count the same. I'm sure Le$ would think twice before he trades Yao. It's not that I like Yao a lot, if we can trade to make the team better, why not. But pls trade Tmac first.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

But this is obvious.....

Yao is untradeable for many reasons.....

1. He is one of the best centers in the NBA
    2. He is a huge marketing boost to any team

It is obvious.

DD