1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would the NBA have an interest in SHAQ and YAO in the same Division

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketmike, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

I'm not big on conspiracy theories... not at all but I was just thinking about this.

For the next 4-5 years the NBA would stand to make a ton of money if Shaq landed in Dallas or Memphis. Can you imagine Shaq V. Yao in the same division? Sure its only one extra game a year, but on a sunday afternoon Shaq/Yao would be a huge draw. I'm not suggesting that the NBA is tinkering in this deal at all, but if I'm LA no way I trade Shaq to a team in the west. That is a guarantee three times and possibly 4 times every year that you see him where if he goes to the east its only 2 times a year. With TMAC and possibly Kobe (if Cuban can pry him from LA) in the same division. And in the unlikely event that Shaq went to memphis just imagine what that would do for the NBA. TMAC KOBE SHAQ YAO DUNCAN all in the same division playing each other time and time again. Again this isn't to imply I think that there is any tampering. Wow this will be a hard division even if shaq and kobe stay away. And a roadtrip through texas is like the gauntlet, even though dallas seems to be running in mud. Maybe we should call it the jungle or something. Death row?

Mike