1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Rondo Be A Possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Jan 31, 2013.

?

Trade for Rondo, yay or nay.

1. Yay!

40.4%
  2. Naaaayyy!

59.6%
  1. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

This is celtics only chance before getting rid of Pierce and/or Garnett. Yea, they are still missing a piece with or without Rondo but I think Lin can do a good job running the offense. He's not a proven star like Rondo but out of Lin, Parsons, & Dmo, I would gamble on one of them to be a cornerstone player.
    Lin is from the boston area so i dont think he would get as much hate as here in houston.

Rockets would now have 2 all stars. Rondo is no pussie. He would demand the ball out of Hardens hands and smack Mcfail silly if he tries to sit him.

Morey should at least put the offer on the table.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Everybody knows Rondo is better than Lin. But bringing Rondo in doesn't fix our glaring weakness at the 4 spot. Morey said that the next big move he is going to make is in the front court justifiably so. Fans are way to caught up in having the big name. Rondo is a talent for sure but in the grand scheme of where the Rockets need to improve first, Rondo isn't that player.

3. conquistador#11

no, it's not our infatuation with a 3 point shooting guard. Having a pass first pg is great basketball to watch, but for this coaching staff a pg that assists is too complex to understand. It would require them making mind blowing changes to the offense, like having harden move without the ball.

To me, harden is one of the top 7 nba players right now, he can get his points whenever, where ever and a traditional pg shouldn't conflict with has strengths. But Kevin & kelvin associated disagree.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He better when he only takes 9 shots per game. That won't work with Harden here.

ps: you need to round your avg better Baylor grad. It's 48% ;)

7. conquistador#11

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That doesn't make sense. If Rondo is better when he takes less shots and Harden has been taking more shots, how would that not work?

Anyway, I guess unless we upgrade the FOUR and ONLY the FOUR there's no chance of us to compete.

I guess I'm taking the Morey approach in when there is top level talent available you go for it instead of worrying about what position they play.

Never saw the Heat complain when they got LeBron and teamed him with Wade another ball dominating scorer... when you have that much talent you don't complain you make it work which makes it possible for you to win titles.

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I look into my crystal ball and I see Dei makes a thread "Rondo is a Joke" after a few games of terrible shooting from the 3's.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rondo is overratd. Expect the celtics to be better without him.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because with Harden here who do you want to be the playmaker? Rondo or Harden? Rondo doesn't get to the line like Harden so the smart money is on Harden. Rondo has NEVER shot better than 31% from 3pt land in a season and his career avg is .240 from 3.

He shoots the 3pt worse than Lin!!

[​IMG]

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't think the Celtics will be better without him but I do think Rondo is a tad bit overrated.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be a horrible fit next to Harden. Great player, but do not want at all.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO because he is LeBron James. That is why you don't complain. LeBron is the best player on the planet.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

um ....it's freaking Rondo. You know, the 4-time allstar! You know, the 26 year old defensive stopper who's been leading the league in assists for years, averages 2 steals, 5 rebounds, and shoots 48% from the field career. He's a top 3 point guard in this league, and for some reason you guys are saying you wouldn't want him?

Granted that he's not the best fit for our current system, but those things change. Guys like Rondo are pretty damn rare. I'm astonished by folks on this board. A Rondo-Harden back-court would be the best in the NBA.

#35 Aruba77, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bet money then.

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

If we could trade Lin for Rondo it would be a no brainer to take Rondo. However, we are going to have to give up Lin plus a lot of other pieces. It is not worth it to make such a trade when Rondo isn't a good compliment to our best player.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Bad thread sir or madam. Rondo even with the injury is the future (or at least gateway) for the Celtics organization and their best player. If you honestly think him being traded away is possible you are either a substance abuser or your last name T'eo.

19. Arthurprescott2

Conley would be better than Rondo for this team.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why would it matter? This is team ball not tennis. I would expect them to feed off each other and for them to make each other as well as the team better.

And you're still ignoring that big blot of red right underneath and near the basket. Who cares what he shoots from 3 point range, the guy is a monster in the paint.

Ah, I see the problem now. Obviously Rondo is underrated on this board.

Ok, so what about Dwight Howard in LA? They already had the 2nd best center in the league, but they didn't say NO we can't Bynum is that much better than Dwight from the free-throw line so let's not get the best center in the league.

It's not working for them because the rest of the team blows ass. But I know what your response will be "LMFAO it's f'n Dwight Howard that's why you don't complain" :rolleyes: Whatever.

Point is an upgrade in team talent and skill should always be welcome no matter the position.