1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Rockets entertain trades?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brakus, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Brakus

Brakus Member

One possible scenario:
    Rockets sign-and-trade Shandon Anderson and send Kelvin Cato along with him to the Jazz for Greg Ostertag, John Starks, Quincey Lewis & Scott Padgett.

2. mc mark

mc mark Member

I don't think Shandon would be to welcome in Utah.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Why the hell would we want Osterrag...a useless clump of flesh akin to Big Continent..I would rather have Charles Jones back.

and Starks?? oh please..just what we need, another washed up has been particularly at the pg position...

4. jbond77

jbond77 Member

That is a very stupid idea.

Mine would be get a 5.1 millon dollar player for free, or a Dale Davis type (10 millon) for a Walt Williams (5 million).

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Hey, I like this new format. Kinda cool.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. I haven't seen him play, but Jordan wants to unload Jahidi White's contract (4 more years, this year's salary at $4.4). I understand he's kinda foul-prone but his numbers are about 8 ppg, 7rbg, almost 2bpg, 24 minutes per game (this is where Crispee, or maybe Achebe, reminds me that stats don't tell the whole story; and I agree).

Jahidi White's 6'9", 290. How about Walt (expiring contract) + the recently-acquired draft pick from Toronto/Seattle? Certainly Walt would like to play near his alma mater?

Has anyone seen White play? He's listed as center/forward. His contract is less than Cato's, anyway. Could we platoon him at the center spot with the aforementioned piece of crap? Or is he too lumbering and slow in this offense?

Hey, we gotta do something. He's a big body to throw at Shaq, if nothing else. Maybe not a bad way to go.....? Someone b****-slap me on this one, please, if necessary.