1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lin leaving crash the Houston economy and destroy the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 11, 2014.

?

Will Houston lose it's ecomony and the Rockets if Lin left?

1. Yes, and every Houstonian will stop driving Volvos

44 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Yes, because Houston doesn't have a real economy, we are on food stamps

41 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Yes, if Lin leaves, the job market will turnover like Lin's ball handling

29 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Yes, Lin saves Houston fans money by not helping us beat Portland

9 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Yes, Lin spends lots of money at Houston strip clubs, the backbone of Htowns economy

40 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. No, because Lin fans are the dumbest people on earth

131 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

I'm now convinced you must be 14 years old. Either way welcome to one of rare spots on my ignore list.

2. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

It is this kind of threads that make LOHs hate Lin more and LOFs hate other fans more.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's one of the worst troll threads ever. Texas as a whole is the most economically viable state in the Union. The OP and others like him are allowed to make troll threads such as this and get away with it while I'm regulated to hefty punishment for much less if nothing.

4. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

True. It's disappointing.

Why create threads that are more and more divisive and promote hatred among fans and players?

I don't see any positives coming out of this for RedNation. :(:(

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was informed today there would be a massive layoff at my job if Lin is moved and I'll have to work at Whataburger with the rest of y'all Linners.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I was informed that if Lin leaves, all the oil wells will sprout legs and move to the Pacific. I was told that all restaurants will close too and be bought out and re-named Taco Bell. What do we do?!? The economy is tanking! Only NY is salvation!

:rolleyes:

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Which is why people don't understand why LoF's don't simply leave. Why stay where you are unwanted? Are they such pieces of crap IRL?

8. sammo

sammo Member

i hate it when people blindly support lin by saying he brings in the chinese market to houston's front door.

no, man. lin's jersey isnt even top 5, let alone top 20, most selling jersey in the nba.

9. noone

noone Rookie

I'm embarassed to be part of this thread.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Please start a thread on this topic in the D&D. I'd really like to see the thoughts of others on this. I disagree with nearly everything you said outside of the housing stuff, and that's because I just don't know enough about the housing market.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

You are this thread.

Threadception :p

12. noone

noone Rookie

I don't want to be part of the thread. What do you guys don't understand.

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

So don't make r****ded posts talking about stuff you clearly have zero knowledge of? Diss the fan base of a city and expect to get ridiculed.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Then quit posting in it.

Your cries of how much you don't want to be in here ring hollow when one checks to see how much posting you have done in it.:rolleyes:

No, stop.

Do not respond to me.....just leave.

15. noone

noone Rookie

You people are liars. You guys would be upset if someone made up a thread of a bogus interpretation on you.

16. noone

noone Rookie

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

You speak on this with certainty and conviction. Serious question, are you in residential or commerical real estate? I'm an investor in both Houston and the Dallas areas and I don't see the forecasting like this at all. So seriously if you are experienced and successful as a fellow investor in real estate I'd like to know why you actually believe this. Right now inventory is substantially lower than demand (at least the areas I'm invested in). So population is increasing due to employment and there isn't enough inventory on the market to meet demand. I have homes selling 5-10% over asking price with less than a week on market.

What are you seeing that makes you think the supply outweighs the demand?

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Please block poster forever!!!

19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

i made thread based on your quotes

this new technology allows you to see what you had posted and do something called 'quote'

if you are ever in houston, please go to the area called the 5th ward during halloween try stealing candy from someone named Bushwick Bill

20. TheJet

TheJet Member

I guess you shouldn't have insinuated that the Houston economy would crash without the Lin effect then, yes?

And most of you people are taking this thread entirely too seriously. It's pretty hilarious.