1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lin be best as a 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Should Lin be our new 6th man?

1. Yes, it would take a lot I pressure off of him.

91 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No, he should remain our starting PG

344 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Do you think Lin would fit best on the Rockets as a 6th man? I think a commentator during one of the games might have brought this up. Honestly , I agree with it. Starting Brooks or Beverly and have Lin be a nice 6th man.

Do you agree ? If not , why?

1 person likes this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

No because the sky would fall and the earth would crumble! :grin:

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

4. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

im not sure who would start because I don't trust the other two to lead the team as well. I do think that Lin is solid, not great as his fans(not Rockets fans) seem to always scream. Far from great, simply average. Now, if he gets the turnovers down, I think he can start.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

7. FearTheBeardJH

I'd most like him as 3rd string PG on my team to be honest.

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

This is actually not a terrible idea. Since Lin is not a great off the ball player. As 6th man he would be able to dominate the ball more and he would be more effective. He would make our bench a lot better. However, I don't think Beverley is good enough to start.

Being 6th man is not an insult imo. Harden was 6th man last season. Manu, Mchale, Odom(when he was good), etc. Are just some excellent players and HOF worthy players even who came off the bench.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Not unless you get an awesome 3 point shooter that can guard PGs as well as dish while Harden is out.

Lin has earned the starting spot. No one has been able to overtake him for it.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

If Beverley was more consistent with the 3 pointer I'd say go for it. But even then Bev doesn't command the same defensive attention Lin does.

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

lolololol

12. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Why doesnt Mchale just stagger Lin and Hardens minutes a little more. At least one should be on the floor at all times IMO

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The team offense stagnates harder than the Mammoth Cave when Lin and Harden both sit.

14. ngazi

ngazi Member

No Delfino runs our offense perfectly with it's all bench players.

Just kidding. Anderson can be a fine playmaker.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

That's like dividing by zero.

16. bc2k

bc2k Member

If Lin isn't starting James Harden will be doing even WORSE on defense. He already doesn't have enough energy for average defensive plays while being asked to do everything offensively, shooting, creating for himself, creating for others, etc.

17. matthewrich

matthewrich Member

lol, such a bad troller

18. VanityHalfBlack

Hell no, we trying to win games and make the playoffs here.. Having 2 playmaking guards in your starting line-up is deadly because we distribute the ball more like in last night's game for example, what was the assist total between them like 25 or something?? That is a lot of sharing to go around, if we can continue to move the ball like that between those two, we are going to be ****** deadly!!!

19. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Put Harden back to 6th man then.

20. Jedster

Jedster Member

Lin can play with anybody so it doesn't matter if he's the 6th man or not as long as he gets around 32 mins per game.
    Staggering with Harden is also good cos that way we get to see the best of the Rockets...Harden's iso style for some time, and then Lin and the bench team style for some time.