1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would like to go to a Rockets game this year, any affordable seat tips?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Squirtle, Nov 3, 2021.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

You can walk up right before the game starts and get scalper tickets for unbelievable prices, I got two lower bowl tickets for 32$ once. Ultimate hack. Now that involves dealing with rando shady homeless types, it’s not for everybody

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought they blocked ticket buying closed to start time

Squirtle likes this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Start a charity group here in Houston, or have a cousin of yours play in the NBA

4. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I think upper bowl, center sections, in the first 3-4 rows is the best bang for your buck. It’s subjective obviously, but this is where my season tickets are and I think they are good seats for great value. Depending on the game, seats in that area will often be around $50 or so for most games, maybe hitting $100+ for a few top tier games. A number of us in that area sell our tickets reasonably often. In my experience, going lower bowl starts at triple the price most of the time, and you’ll have to spend more than that to get a seat better than front and center of the upper bowl.

Season ticket holders sell their tix on rockets.com (axs). I think that’s the best spot to get tickets, sometimes we’ll sell them cheap if we can’t make a game last minute, etc.

Just my two cents, as others have mentioned, I can’t imagine it’s going to be that tough to get tickets this year.

#24 mikenm268, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  5. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

With how bad the rockets are, you could get nosebleeds and make your way down to center court by halftime.

Squirtle and palmsnbananas like this.
  6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Add flash seats to that equation and I used to get Lower bowl tickets for like $20-30 bucks each right before tip off..

I miss the good times..

Squirtle and xaos like this.
  7. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Check out the Houston Rockets Ticket Marketplace Group on FB. I firesale many tix as do other season ticket holders.

Squirtle likes this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Same here, from my experiences the best deals for seats at Lakers games are 5-6 hours before tipoff. OP I would just monitor a few games of the same day of the week you want to go and see how ticket prices behave, opponent may come into play if it is Steph, Lebron, Giannis, etc. I have been able to get seats at staples for around $330 that are 2 from courtside (row B) by doing this. I am sure you can get great seats for around $100 if you try this as well in Houston.

Squirtle likes this.
  9. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

I copped 2 club level seats for $110 total

Highlyrated and Squirtle like this.
  10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

This team shouldn't be charging more than $50 for tickets until they're half decent again.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Decades ago when I lived in LA, I'd always go catch the Rox vs Clips... This was back in the time of Dream... Lakers tix were outrageous - but at the time for like $25 you were virtually courtside at the Clips and for another $10 they'd let you suit up and play! ;) lol

Squirtle likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

pls define affordable to you? unless by that you mean as cheap as possible

Squirtle likes this.
  13. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Thanks bro :)

14. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Well, spiritually I'm very rich. In the biblical sense.

#34 Squirtle, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Jontro likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

which one, the filthy or the rich? :eek::D:cool:;)

@SwoLy-D pls confirm emojis

SwoLy-D and Squirtle like this.
  16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

@SwoLy-D plz confirm as well.

SwoLy-D and Jontro like this.
  17. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

RIP Flashseats bidding.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Only the official rockets site, bc they also sell tickets from the stadium box office.

So when box office opens, they stop selling online. I’ve heard that’s partly bc the databases aren’t synch’d, so to avoid double-selling a ticket, they have do it this way. Seems lame. Just run the box office from the website, and hope the internet doesn’t go down during box office hours. :cool:

cheke64 and Squirtle like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I could have sworn I saw club seats for like 100 bucks. Obviously game dependent if "popular" teams come to town those tickets would be more expensive, but if you're trying to go see the Pistons im pretty sure you can find pretty good lower bowl seats well within your budget.

Squirtle likes this.
  20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

These fools really out here charging $400 for club level seats for the game against OKC. ****in' crazy.

Squirtle and palmsnbananas like this.