1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lebron James have left Miami if the Heat won the Title this season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WinorLoseMate, Jul 12, 2014.

?

Would Lebron stay if Miami had won?

Poll closed Jul 19, 2014.
  1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. No

68 vote(s)
    56.2%
  1. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

To me, that is the biggest question of all. Did the loss of the chance at a three-peat and more consecutive titles deter Lebron from staying in Miami?
    Would he have stayed if they won it all?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably yes, it would be harder to get another three peat with Wade declining so fast.

It would have been an even better accomplishment for Miami but mission would be accomplished.

Off to Cleveland.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think so.

You know that old saying "Winning cures all," or some variant of that? I think winning the title would have masked the fact that Wade was broken down and Bosh was relegated to a jump shooter.

Plus, LeBron has been to the finals 4 straight times with Wade and Bosh. It's hard to leave that situation, especially if you've just won the title.

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I also think Lebron losing has had a HUGE change on where all the FA's are going and have been traded to.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

No.

Yes.

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

No way, 3 rings in 4 years with the same core? But funny thing is, if the table turned (Spurs win in 2013 and Miami in 2014) this current FA season would of never been this slow paced.

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

OP needs to retake the Poll Creating 101 class.

8. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Lol voted for the wrong one since the title didn't match the poll

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

50% Yes
    50% No (Slightly more)

10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

He wouldn't have left. He also would have never returned to Cleveland if they didn't get all those #1 picks. The league helped him out. This has been set in motion since the first decision.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Hell no!!! The dude would have soaked up all the fame and glory and gloat about how he is better than Jordan while giving a middle finger to the Cavs organization.. The Spurs beat down humble the **** out of Lebron and his dick riding fans!!!

12. BinBinRingRing

Of course he would have stayed.

13. mazinger

mazinger Member

Without a ****ing doubt!! That would have been 3 straight with a chance for a 4th championship in a row.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

i hate these fking poll questions that are completely opposite of the thread title.

if you are going to make a poll..keep the logic the same. i am not going to re read your poll question. geez.

to answer your thread title, lebron wouldnt have left. i voted no on the poll..but it's yes.

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

He would have most likely signed on for another two years and then left for Cleveland after that.

16. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Lebron would stay if they won. In fact if it was even close in their loss to the Spurs I think it's a good chance he gives it another go.

Perfect storm they were demolished and Cleveland backed into a #1 pick to become a better situation.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He would have picked up his option. He was eventually going to go back to Cleveland

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Lol as of now I think 29 people voted for the wrong option by mistake.

19. cebu

cebu Member

If he didn't interview with other teams, this would have been a perfect exit.

The only reason Heat fans dont feel betrayed like when he left Cavs in 2010, is that he used the I'm coming home reason. But it's a fact that he looked elsewhere but he realized that he would break the heart of Heat and Cavs fans.

20. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I really believe he would've gone anyways. What more is there to win in Miami? The team gets older. Sure, he could'Ve gotten a fourth or a 5th title - beyond that it would've gotten tough.

Like I said before, LeBron is about his legacy now. Every athlete writes his own story. So far his story sucks. The prodigy that gets drafted by his hometown but can't bring championship glory home so he leaves in a disgusting way to chase the easiest way to a title. He gets to the finals 4 times in the underpowered eastern conference - losing twice. A nice accomplishment, but with being a once in a generation player and choosing the easiest way to win, this is not something your big crowning moment.

Now returning home, righting the wrong, helping young players develope into superstars and finally bring a championship back to Cleveland - that is a good story. That is something he wants to be remembered for. And it might even be argued, if he doesn't have a better chance to win in Cleveland to begin with. There will be 4 number 1 picks on that team (if they don't trade away wiggins) and a couple more high draft picks in Waiters and Thompson. It puzzled me last season how bad they performed, with a guy like Lebron I could easily see close to 30 more wins this season.