1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Super Bowl of all time?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 4, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You hit all the reasons this was a total snooze fest! You know it's bad when everything about the entire show was simply, "Unexciting Who Cares TV".

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Broken hips? Complaining about the lack of seniors discounts at nearby restaurants? Long rants about political opinions? (Wait- they did that in their heyday) These guys are old and I just don’t think they would bring the angry energy they did 25+ years ago.

(I know you were being sarcastic about what could go wrong)

I’d love to see an all Synthwave show. You could bring out some 80’s singers like Dave Gahan with some new artists and do an amazing retro synth light show. Why not someone like Bassnectar? There is some amazing music out there. Heck, Lady Gaga killed it and she’s a little bit past her prime.

3. VanityHalfBlack

4. Buck Turgidson

Saw this somewhere on the internet:

imagine paying $7000 a ticket for

1 TDs
    3 FGs
    Maroon 5 concert

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Also the superbowl 50 suck, watching Cam Newton not even trying to win, its was bad, it suck, thats the only play I remember for that game, Cam not going for the ball.

6. cebu

cebu Member

Defense is BORING.

7. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

This was more entertaining to me than Clemson beatdown ovsr bama, warriors sweep over cavs, and redsox near sweep over dodgers.

One score game almost all the way through did not lose my interest. But I guess I can see the casual fan who only watches a couple of football games a year complaining.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

The first Super Bowl in Houston was a snooze fest. I went and it was pretty boring.

9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The one at Rice Stadium?

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes. Got two free tickets. I think maybe Oiler season ticket holders got free tickets to the Super Bowl, and not everyone wanted to go. So, someone gave my Dad free tickets. The Super Bowl back then wasn't the big spectacle that it is now.

The game wasn't very good. It was an early blowout. The halftime was the UT marching band! How times have changed.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Really was sort of ridiculous that they didn't have that first Houston SB at the Astrodome.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rice was the largest stadium in Texas. Like 20,000 more seats than Astrodome -- which was the smallest NFL stadium. Of course, how many SBs had benches for seats.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm sure they wanted to have the game in a football stadium, not a baseball stadium. The Astrodome was always awful for football. As someone who has been to many games in Rice Stadium, I can say it was great for football. Especially back in the 70's.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Astrodome was certainly better for baseball... but it wasn't "awful" for football.

What was awful was having a SB being played in rainy/cold/overcast outdoors Houston, with a putrid level of offense that wouldn't be matched till this year's game.

The Astrodome was also a brand new stadium, with bells/whistles that no other football stadium at the time featured.... it would have served the billing for a "big event", even with the capacity being smaller.