1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst part about this series.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Swiss Roll, Oct 18, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

I really don't know much about it just one of my college professors said certain parts of Maine are extremely racist, and also I am biased because the Red Sox just whooped us and calling NEers racist is making me feel a tiny bit better :D.

2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Never said it wasn't, and already exonerated all of NE outside of Boston proper. What shook me about that one guy was his demeanor towards the local whites, took him a year to drop the r****ded stereotypes from his perception of us. At least he followed through with a bet he made with one of the teachers (a philly native) to dress himself in a Nick Foles jersey, complemented with full eagles regalia after the last Super Bowl.

He also offered sage advice on the rest of the North East, mostly to NEVER visit the north east Megaopilis (DC to Boston) from September to April, its just snow and trash. At least he's not a Celtics fan, as according to him, the NBA is just the WWE catered to blacks, a statement which, after the WCF, doesn't seem far off lol.

3. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

The credentials/home town of your college professor?

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The worst part of the series is the Astros did not play their best baseball in a series that demands teams play their best baseball to advance.

JeeberD, SWTsig, lw17 and 1 other person like this.
  5. theimpossibles1

Don't know home town but he has his doctorate in, of all things, African-American studies.

Very well traveled guy. Former bounty hunter and overall extremely interesting dude. I distinctly rember him telling us we should all buy gold (this was a few years before it skyrocketed). My favorite professor ever FWIW.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What favoritism did the Astros receive last season ?

It's easy to see Boston's favoritism in this series, but what happened last year specifically ?

Harvey's influence was more karma IMO... not the league cheating for Houston like how it cheated for the Sox this series.

alethios and everyday eddie like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

the worst part of this series is the home run being called an out in the bottom of the 1st of game 4

napalm06 likes this.
  9. pocketrocket81

As much as I hate that Boston beat us I am trying to see the bright side and am glad it wasn't the yankees.

alethios likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Nah, it was all those things.

11. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

He’ll probably meet his end in a freak accident, you know like pulled into a wood chipper by his coat zipper, hey I know it’s dark just saying it happens to over zealous humans that gloat success....

12. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I live in Albany, NY, grew up in Kemah. Massholes are the worst.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Worst part is there is no game tonight.

Major likes this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Actaully, the worst part is the ignorant dumbassery it takes to think our title was predetermined. Don’t f***ing dare to take anything away from our championship last year. It wasn’t an order from the league office.

OP must think the Rockets only won because Jordan wasn’t there.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

More like 150 nights :(

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't believe the Astros were grossly outplayed. Repeating has nothing to do with talent - you need it to get into position to repeat, obviously - but winning often comes down to a series of razor-thin margins that either go your way... or don't. In this series, they didn't. Now, if the other team doesn't take advantage of those breaks.... but Boston very obviously did. They were very good.

jim1961 likes this.
  17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Do people, like, honestly believe this is what happened? That the league... cheated - you believe they cheated to tip the series in Boston's favor?....... Why?

MLB's DREAM World Series match-up will always be Dodgers-Yankees; they were in position to "cheat" to make that happen last year but didn't. Why?

The year before, 2016 - Cubs-Red Sox would've been one of the most-watched World Series in history - the cursed Cubs v the previously cursed Red Sox in two of baseball's cathedrals.... MLB could've "cheated" and made that happen but didn't. Why?

There is no grand conspiracy. Stop.

astros123 likes this.
  18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

If michael jordan had kept playing baseball, houston never gets that title last year.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ha, interesting fellow. September and October are really the times to come up to New England for the foliage. DC is also has some nice foliage as well.

Some people up here do have the weirdest of perceptions about Texas. I think it's likely because of movies and tv shows because it doesn't actually align with reality. I think when people actually come and visit Texas they are blown away by what it actually is compared to what they would have expected.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

There's only so much a league can do while tilting the spectrum. But one way is, who receives favoritism during close calls. Altuve's HR was clear. I don't recall any questionable ones vs NY last season.