1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Moment in Houston Texans History?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ab0_bleedred, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

This thread is why we can't have nice things.....

That being said, the MNF football loss to Tennessee has to be the absolute worst for me. The feeling I had leaving Reliant that night rivaled the feeling I had leaving Toyota Center when the Rockets lost Game 7 to the Jazz a few years ago.

Go Texans!! Win this game for all the crap Houston sports fans have been through over the past 15+ years!!

2. Another Brother

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rosencopter

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Wow this thread is depressing...

5. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

Rosencopter and literally losing 3 games at the 1 yard line in 09. So depressing.

6. AB423

AB423 Member

Chris Brown! Never seen one player screw up so much.

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

had to post it lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CAKAKE-uq-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The whole freaking 09 season.

Drafting Okoye over Patrick Willis

Drafting Travis Johnson over Derrick Johnson

Numerous injuries to what if players like Boselli, Joppru, Spencer

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

Boselli. Just a terrible way to begin. After that it was a long uphill climb.

10. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Having to recall the worst moment in history 4 days from a potential trip to the AFC championship game! come on guys lets forget the past.
    How about this
    JJ Watt intercepts a pass and runs it back for a touchdown. The GREATEST MOMENT in Texans history. :grin:

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

exactly...got it just as wrong as it got right in 2011. Thinking we had something with Boselli to realizing he was an empty shell set the team back big-time to start off. . .

12. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

For me it was being in the stands in Dallas during the 06 season. I beleive TO had about 3 TDS and Dallas won by 20 something points.

Other than that I'd say drafting mario. Of course its a great pick now but at the time face it 90% of us wanted Bush or VY...

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

The low point for me was watching David Carr play and then listening to people defend him for years. I knew he stunk from day one. It was painful to watch him.

14. mario713

mario713 Rookie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZfASA5Mag7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. speedball

speedball Member

The game when mark sanchez beat us on opening day as a rookie. expectations were so high that year :( walking through the parking lot after the game was terrible.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Not sure why anybody cares about Tony Boselli - it was an expansion draft in whch they held all the picks and had to take a certain dollar number of salary - they didn't pass up the chance to take anybody, and IIRC took him so that Jville would leave Gary Walker &Seth Payne unprotected too, who they wanted, and ended up getting anyway.

17. MONON

MONON Member

I can't decide which injury this year (Williams, AJ or Shaub) is my worst moment.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Agreed, in terms of drafting him - total no-brainer. I think the issue is that they played the, "He's finally healthy! This is his year!" card to the determent of the team far too often. The C&C Idiot Factory never developed a LT and let Carr get pummeled.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

yep, and watching Blaine Gabbert (Carr 2.0) take it all year made me realize again how ugly the Texans looked for a few years. . .

20. Kam

Kam Member

January 15th, 2012.

Texans had the lead and the mo. The Texans D forced the Ravens to a three and out. The Ravens punted it, and Jacoby Jones let's it go, yet he tries to get it on the bounce and muffs it.