1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Worst 5 Players to ever wear a Rockets Uniform

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adagio75, Jul 16, 2008.

1. eaglepoke56

eaglepoke56 Member

has anyone mentioned Chuck Nevitt??
    let's get off Alan Leavell, former Oklahoma City University Chief!!! :

2. Friday

Friday Contributing Member

No mention of Tyronn Lue? He drove me mad with his ball handling skills...

#142 Friday, Jul 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  3. BarkleyHater84

1.Charles Barkley
    2.Scottie Pippen
    3.Kelvin Cato
    4.The Guy Who Backed Up Kelvin Cato
    5.Brent Price

4. BarkleyHater84

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I Remember Eric Riley! LOL! Those were the days when the Rockets couldn't get ANY draft pick right. Remeber when the Rockets picked Mirsad Turkan over Rashard Lewis?

5. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Why you have Kelvin Cato on the list but do not have the likes of Vin Baker, Stromile Swift, etc, is beyond me.

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Dan Langhi should be on more of these lists.

7. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

I put Barkley on the list because he was on a team with dream and clyde and anything less than a championship would be a bust and thats exactly what happened. You can't blame dream and clyde because hm they won a championship in '95, oh and that was along with sam cassell and robert horry two pieces we traded for charles barkley...I guess the anger just stems from us underachieving during his span with the rockets
    Stromile era was pretty bad don't get me wrong, since he was gonna become an all star with the rockets according to tmac.. :rolleyes:

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Dude, that is harsh. The guy is entitled to his opinion regardless of rank. According to your logic, is clutch infallible. Barkley to some, is an underachiever who didn't deserve a ring. There is a lot of evidence for this. Personally, I don't know how a guy who supposedly loves the city of Phoenix would have ever wanted to play for us. It is what it is, Barks came here for a ring and really didn't have enough gas in the tank to pull it off.

What is the commonality between Stro and Barks? No rings. We are in a league where 22-win streaks mean nothing and only rings matter. We could have been one shot away, or one hundred, at the end of the day it's a loss. Personally I don't see Barks as a Rocket, he had as much of an impact as Stro. Barkley was more of a guest star on the show, it's not like the Rockets' Show ever had him on the cast.

With that said, I love the guy. He's got personality, he's got class. Barks is funny and poignant, and I think he says what we're all thinking. He is the Carlos Mencia of basketball. I can understand why people hate him (because of all the things listed above) and they are entitled to believe that.

9. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

1. Pippen :mad:
    2. Vin Baker
    3 Shandon Anderson
    4. Moochie Norris
    5 Mo Taylor

And.... Clyde for his last game, with the game tied he shot the ball way too early, Stockton made a 3 and Rox got eliminated. :rolleyes:

10. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Vin Baker was the washed up player.

11. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

By far the worst player that ever played for the Rockets was Reece Gaines. I remember watching him get some minutes at the point against the Magic a couple of years back and Jameer Nelson picked his pocket on consecutive plays in the backcourt.....I have never in all my years seen that happen. The guy had no game whatsoever, and I believe the Magic(he came to the Rockets in the T-Mac deal) used a 1st round pick on him.

12. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

LOL I was going to mention him. One of the few games I remember of his: he was on fire to start the game, something like 7/8 from the field. The Rockets are inbounding the ball under the opponents basket. Well, the guy lobs it in to Steve Harris, who then proceeds to attempt an alley-oop layup on the WRONG GOAL! :eek: Mercifully, he missed the attempt.

13. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

Anybody without Ryan Bowen on their list doesn't know what they're talking about.

14. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

15. trifecta333

trifecta333 Member

Didn't see Lonny Baxter (aka "D.C. shooter).

16. rocket3forlife2

here is a 5 on 5 for you:

1.tito maddux
    2.rod strickland
    3.matt maloney
    4.charles oakley
    5.charley ward

6.stromile swift
    7.vin baker
    8.roderick rhodes
    9.v.span
    10.snotty pippen

17. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

How about this:
    Chuck Nevitt C
    John Amechi PF
    Dan Langhi SF
    Dave Jamerson SG
    Moochie Norris PG

18. The_Nine_Gates

Man you are right. I forgot about him. Must have erased that bad memory. Reece Gaines was beyond bad. Ryan Bowen looked all world compared to him. Gaines has improved his game a lot over the years. But man he was bad when he came to the NBA.

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

5) Sam Mack

You must be high.

Sam Mack was a freakin' balla when he was hot...

20. rocket3forlife2

Moochie won some games for us, but the other four are damn pretty horrible.