1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WORRIED ABOUT RYAN ANDERSON'S CONTRACT!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, May 5, 2018.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think Morey learned his lesson with this one.

Can’t give these types of contracts to this type of player.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fertitta bought the team for $2B. I'm certain he can handle a Ryno buy-out if it comes to that. Particularly if it means another championship run next year; revenue will more than offset the loss.

Granted I don't fully understand the salary cap ramifications based on the finer points of what can actually occur during a buyout agreement. But you probably don't need to stay up at night worrying about it.

Fertitta and Morey are big boys.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man i don't want Capela gone but it depends on who is replacing him. This is also most likely Nene last year playing.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ryno is a disgrace

Zboy likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Based on my calculations, for that to happen, we have to blow the team out by 40 points or more entering the 4th quarter. This will allow Anderson to be played in extended garbage time where he can take his shots without having to worry about the misses. Your best odds for him attempting and also making three 3s.

whiskeyred likes this.
  6. jayfree

jayfree Member

Between Green and Anderson they are making about $21 mill this season. That's $10.5 a player. I can live with that.

Next season, if we resign Green for even $3.5 mill then their contracts would be about $12 mill a player. I can still live with that.

What's the problem?

If we paid Anderson $13 million would you be happier? Well consider that Gordon is making $13 mill and playing to a $20 mill contract means we are still even.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Well Ryno was good for something this season then.