1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

World Series Roll Call

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Oct 27, 2022.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In addition to how great the game was got interviewed by Justin Verlander’s brother for a pregame bit for local Fox. Didn’t know it was JV’s brother until the producer told who it was.

I didn’t get to see it so if anyone did let me know. Hint, I’m the Asian guy who says he’s from Minnesota.

Other was getting to meet the Rally Nuns after the game.

ROCK3TM4N and IBTL like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

On my way back to MN so sorry not going to make it out to Philly. I’ll be watching the game on TV like the rest of y’all.

[cool story] I have been to CBP before as I was on the design team that was the consultant to Aramark who operates the concessions there. As such I helped design some of the bars, stands and stores in it including the main team store. When the stadium opened I got to go to a game there and had 5th row seats behind home plate. I showed up at the game wearing some Astros gear, they weren’t playing the Stros but the Stros were still in the NL then and in a wild card race with the Phillies. The Aramark execs made me take it off.

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Just going to point out again that every WS game I've seen in person the Stros won.

Astros Management I am available to fly out to Philadelphia and then back to Houston on short notice.

I'm also very certain that my powers will be at their fullest in a luxury box and if I sleep in a suite at a 5 star hotel.