1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

World Cup 2014 Qualifying - CONCACAF Final Round

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

I think he means relative to the hype and expectations.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't disagree with that. Panama had it's chances twice this past week alone. Get the tie in Mexico and then take care of business at home against a US team playing mostly it's backups. They even had the lead twice last night and still couldn't hold on. It's totally on them that they didn't get to the playoff against NZ.

Still, the "holier-than-thou" attitude of the mexican team and it's fans needed a lesson in humility. I hope New Zealand finishes them off so that they only way Chicarito and friends get to see the inside of a World Cup stadium next year is if they buy a ticket. That may not be a healthy way of thinking for karma's sake, but I'm ok with that.

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I can't argue with that.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lol. That was awesome.

#DeNadaMexico

Video translated via wdcrob

:eek: :grin: :grin:

The Headlines in Mexico this morning:

[​IMG]

#704 Uprising, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Both of you are being way to dramatic. is Mexico playing ****ty, yes but they have been for a year since the gold medal. it's a gold medal hangover they have to get over and i think they will.

If anybody actually thinks Mexico doesn't deserve it BUT Panama and NZ Do deserve your facking crazy.

NZ qualify out of Oceania for their .5 spot. That region is primarily amateur players.

Panama won 1 freaking game in the Hex and lost their last 2 including Mexico away and US at home.

Bottom line, there was 3 crappy teams in the Hex, JAM, PAN, and MEX, and Mexico was the least crappy. Mexico is 4th in the Hex and for that, they deserve that .5 spot.

6. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Gold Medal Hangover? LOL Mexicans really do overvaule the gold medal win....

7. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Bedoya played his worst game in awhile yesterday. Agree on all three you listed making it. Curious though - you wouldn't start Johannsson? He seems more skilled than EJ and Dempsey is seriously dropping in form. AJ has so much potential. Even that curling shot that he missed was thrilling to see from a USMNT attacker.

8. SexyButIgnorant

Real talk, you're probably the only Mexican saying this. Mexico, for a long time, even before the Gold medal against under-23 players with different coaches and tactics, has been playing like crap.

But to say that Mexico deserved the qualification over Panama is an untruth. Mexico was literally minutes away from elimination, and for those minutes, I promise you no one was thinking "this is so unfair", everyone was thinking "i knew this would happened".

Panama and Mexico have played at the exact same level these qualifiers. And that's terrible. To say Panama deserved it more than Mexico is wrong as well. Both are terrible, as of right now, and neither should go to the World Cup.

9. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

This. SA should have 5 spots (excluding Brasil) and a 6th play in game. Or give an additional spot to Europe.

The NA qualifers should only have 3 spots. No play in spot.

10. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Uruguay should beat Jordan in the play in game but i'd rather see Uruguay get an automatic spot and have venezuela have a play in game.

11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

From a tactical standpoint, I just don't understand what Panama was thinking. You're up 2-1 going in to stoppage time and you still have 2 strikers up front? As soon as you get that 2nd goal, you park the bus and defend, defend, defend.

Costly mistake by the Panamans (?).

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Anyone find a video that still works?

13. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

where can i hear the audio of the announcers thanking the USA?

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VZl3b1Qf-n8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Why are they forcing that video to be removed...they mad?

Here's the entire video including the GOL! reaction. "USA! WE love you...We love you for ever and ever. God Bless America. "

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k_FoM-lIR1g?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#715 Uprising, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  16. ipaman

exactly, but that is a different issue. fifa allocated 3.5 for concacaf so that's on fifa. neither mexico or panama had a say in the 3.5 slots they just had to play by those rules.

Personally i don't like .5 slots. There are 6 regions, each should get a playoff spot. Like 1/6 slots, have a draw, head2head, eliminate 3, keep 3 winners.

my proposal,

AFC - 4 + 1 playoff
    CAF - 4 + 1 playoff
    CONCACAF - 3 + 1 playoff
    CONMEBOL - 4 + 1 playoff
    OFC - 1 playoff qualifier
    UEFA - 13 + 1 playoff

28 auto qualifiers, 6 playoff qualifiers representing each fifa region. Have a draw, to select head2head match-ups. 3 aggregate winners qualify.

That gives you 28 + 3 for a total of 31 spots excluding hosts.

17. ipaman

Panamanians or Canaleros

18. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I will never get tired of this video.

19. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Uruguay, as talented as they are, are the biggest bunch of cry baby flopping, cheating bastards since Malone and Stockton.

Venezuela was playing well in the beginning but faltered down the stretch.

Peru was a total disaster. If any team in this hemisphere can be labelled a disappointment, it has to be Peru. They had Pizarro (Bayern Munich) Farfan (Schalke) and Paolo Guerrero who are very good scorers for their clubs. But couldn't do !@#$ together for Peru.

20. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

I agree but if Brasil was not hosting you would be seeing either Uruguay,
    Chile, Ecuadur or Columbia not even qualify for the WC. Those nations all have strong national sides and would make for a stronger WC over the likes of Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras. IMO