1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Off topic: I workout at the 24hour fitness in midtown and damn those girls in tight yoga pants! I'm not sure how you guys concentrate on your workout....

I have a GF but any suggestions on how to bed these fine figures? ;)

3. htown1984

htown1984 Member

alright guys.. I have signed up for 24 hour fitness and want to get in shape..
    Im about 5'7 170-175 Lbs (definately not in shape) Is there a print out plan or can someone provide with a plan that would get me in shape.. What tyoe of excersixes how many times a week should i work out.. Hope someone can provide with some sort of plan i can follow.. (maybe some sort of website that has tjhis plan to print out)

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Welp I'm good and addicted on those promax bars now.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

What are your goals? Lose weight, get big or just tone up?

To begin with, I would say just full body exercises every other day mixed in with cardio. Then you can switch to a PUSH-PULL routine meaning doing all Push exercises one day and all Pull exercises the next and then a break. As you get more experienced, you can work out on splits - meaning targetting different muscle groups on different days.

Ultimately, it all comes down to your goal. Also remember that going to the gym is just a part of it. More importantly is diet and rest.

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Well my goals are to get toned up.. Not looking to get big.. Just toned up and in shape..

when you say full body exercises? what do you mean?

Is there something i can print to follow? sorry if i sound dumb, but its just my first time ever trying to follow a excercise plan/diet plan.. good think im motivated though

7. FTW Rockets FTW

When I say full body exercises I mean working out your entire body i.e. targeting all the major muscle groups with a few sets each.

There is plenty of information at bodybuilding.com or you could just google "beginner workouts" and you'll get lots of information.

There is no one exercise plan that fits all. You will learn as you progress.

Good luck.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lol yoga pants are like pushup bras. so much false advertising.

Here's a couple 4-week beginner workouts I just found with a quick google search. They both seem decent, and if you can make it to the end of them without quitting, then you'd probably be ready to move on to something a bit more advanced. Good luck with whatever program you decide to do!

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-0

http://www.weighttraining.com/workout-plans/mens-beginner-workout-plan

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Anyone have any recommendations on Nitric Oxide supplements that they rate highly other than N.O Xplode?

Figured I'd ask here before going on the bodybuilding forum.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I do max OT on crack (more exercises per muscle group than what is listed).

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw41.htm

4-6 reps..lift heavy (subjective).

Eating wise, it's all about lean protein, complex carbs, veggies and fruits. Watch the salt, oil, sugar and fat obviously. Drink a lot of water. Eat breakfast.

Profit.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

so there's a 3rd category i wasn't aware of.

i just thought if u lost weight or gained more muscle = you "tone up"

isn't it just a look you have when you reach a certain body fat %? Roughly 10-12%.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

haha 'tone up'.

You're correct. Toned people merely have that due to a lower bodyfat %. In order to actually look toned you need to have some foundation of muscle underneath. Otherwise the dreaded skinnyfat look.

13. sammy

You either know how to work out or you don't.

And even if you do know know, you can always get better at it.

Get a trainer if you don't know how. When you get a solid routine down that is showing results and showing results pretty fast, watch others (trainers and other fit people) to fine tweak your routine.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

For some reason when people say they want to tone up..it irks me. That's how you know they are new to fitness or don't know much about it.

second is the "you must do cardio to lose weight" group.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yep. I've heard some trainers say stupid stuff, but it'll help keep you safe especially if individuals are new to the heavy compound movements, squat, DL, bench, or just in general have no idea.

particularly with the first two, form has to be nigh on perfect. form issues wont rear their head until you get higher and higher up in weight, and back issues ain't nothing to fk with.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Thats why you need to do your own research and form your own judgements.

Exactly, you must operate at a caloric deficit to lose weight. Some people don't realise if you muck around on the treadmill for half an hour, go home and eat 3 timtams, if your net calorics burnt/consumed is even, you won't lose weight.

"But I worked so hard at the gym :( "

17. sammy

It's all about form. For example, I cringe when I see dudes trying to curl heavy weights with their elbows all over the place. There's no shame in using lower weights. Just do it right.

Classes like bootcamp (sometimes called strength and conditioning) are a good 'free' way to learn new exercises.

The trainers at my work gym went to college for this. They have taught me a lot and I thought I knew a decent amount about training. They're especially good with stretching (utilizing bands, etc).

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Nobody wants to do the diet side. It's so much worse than the working out side. I've been on 1600-1800 cals/day 6x a week and it SUCKS. That's like 2 burgers and an order of fries... an average meal for a lot of people.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah over here its ridiculously easy to get certification. If your trainers have College/University degrees then thats definately far superior

That, and rounded back's with the deadlift, along with shallow depth squating with shakey knees. As you said, nobody cares if you lift light weights as long as you do it properly.

Wholly crap that really isn't alot of calories. I'm on 2700 and I'm losing weight slowly atm haha, benefits of a fast metabolism/training alot I guess.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

It's on the low side, but I go hard on cheat days lol. I figure the 6 days put me at a deficit of approx ~1000 cals/day, then I go over by about ~3500 cals on Sunday for a net deficit of about ~2500/week. This has been working as I'm not losing any strength - it's actually going up slowly in most lifts. I'm aiming for a consistent loss of about half a pound a week of actual fat. Have about 5 lbs of fat to go to get to ~8% bf.