1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Can I gloat?

Started T25 last week and have been feeling really good about a week and a half in. I'm not on a super strict diet but I am cutting back on eating out a lot.

2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Are you still fat though?

SIL

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wouldn’t call myself fat. I’m at about 165lbs that could definitely be cleaned up.

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

We'll keep it up, you get no credit till you got the abs. Be ready for spring time.

SIL

mrm32 likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I spiked up to 222 in the month of november and I felt like crap and depressed. I will get to 180 by the end of december

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

You probably shouldn't try to lose 42lbs in 30 days.....

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im already at 203lbs after eating a 20oz steak and drinking a large maui margarita last night so Im probably be at 198 right now.

Out of all the diets I've done the best one is the keto. Chicken salad with healthy fats and eating almonds/nuts in between meals has really worked great for me. Key factor to me has been the heakthy fats. Don't get it twisted I still do body weight exercises.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

That's great progress, but when you start any diet (especially one low in carbs) you're going to lose a ton of water weight (~10lbs) in the first week or so. You can't expect the same rate of weight loss you achieved in the first couple of weeks to continue in the following weeks. No doubt you can get to 180, or even that you can get there relatively soon, but unless you do some extreme fasting it's not reasonable to expect to be there by the end of the year.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

ok, are you thicc?

10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

How you looking brah?

I'm going to start lifting weights this year. I usually sprinted, swam and rowed Feb to Aug ish. And can get in real good shape fast. I did sports in college. I'm 6'4 205-215 butt naked in the morning. This morning after partying I'm 213lbs.

I think I'll lift then row or sprint 3 days a week. Not sure where to start. Doing this to relieve stress and get to sleep better.

I'll do day 1 today. Then I'll go Wed and Friday. That's it.

Naturally broad(due to sports), but thin. Long arms, not very thicc(6'10 wingspan). I'd like to get my arms bigger and my legs bigger. I'm assuming squats and curls?

I'll take a protein shake after I lift, too.

SIL

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Im cutting out alcohol for a few months. Eating healthy again.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Started Keto again yesterday. Wife and coworkers also just started so I shouldn't be tempted to cheat very often.

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Save it for the summer time.

I just moved to the cold, different life here. In SD you could go to the beach year round, but alcohol has really never impacted my body. I can down a lot of beers, and still look the same. Tequila and I feel like ****, but outside of that....nothing.

SIL

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I strained my shoulder overtraining. I'm back on the grind again. Mostly calisthenics, push ups, pull-up bar, bands, split squats...
    Im laying off the caffeine/energy drinks it messes with my sleep. At night to get sleepy I do imaginary jump rope or jumping jacks, also do it if I get bored and start craving unhealthy snacks.
    WHatever you do don't bulk up. That is the worst advice I have ever gotten from steroid bodybuilders.

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Bulking up is the dumbest concept. I'd only bulk up if I was on steroids. Let those artificial hormones manipulate the food.

I'm getting stronger, quicker, even more athletic.

SIL

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ima quit adding weight once I can bench 500. Until then Ima keep going.

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

What if you get up to 500lbs yourself?

SIL

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol I meant I'll quit adding weight to the bench press. I try not to add weight to my body. I don't know why but I'm addicted to throwing more weight on there. The only lift I have continuously improved on over a ten year span.

#1178 Pen15clubber, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I need help with benching and squats. Do you take it down to your chest, if so where on your chest? Like upper or nipple area?

And how far are your arms. I have like a 6'10 wingspan, so going shoulder width is extremely painful. I've started going wider, lessening the weight, and bring it down really between my upper chest and neck. I feel my chest is working better, it gets veiny and full after but weight went down a lot. I lift b**** numbers at this type.

Squats, how far down do you go? I tried squatting and kept feeling it in my hamstrings, so i knew i was doing it wrong. I changed my stance and go down to about 90 degrees slowly and fast back up. Down again, fast up. I go like 2 sets really heavy like 3-4 reps, takes the life out of me. Then I do about 2 sets of about 10 reps, and then another 2 around like 20. I cannot sprint days I squat, legs are really bad. Like my times were very poor post-squatting. I'm also noticing sprinting isn't necessarily letting me squat 3x a week, then somebody told me squatting 3x a week is stupid. I rarely listen to outside noise. I now squat 2x week.

Is there an alternative to protein shakes? I've tried two brands, I have to chase it with sour patch kids. I also do not like coffee, so I need something to get me in the gym and pumped. These pre-workouts are all over the place, I do not want to use creatine which do I use?

Mkay.

SIL

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lemme tag up @riko cus I'm just a dude who lifts for fun. My arms are way shorter than yours, I'm about 5'11. When I bench I bring it all the way down to my chest but I recently made the change to keep my elbows in and I drive with my legs. I can plow through 405 about 5 times and it feels great. A guy with your wingspan though it's just a lot different. I got some swole ass friends who are about your size and are throwing up weight in the 200s.

I don't **** with protein or creatine but I know a lot of guys that do both. I just eat so much protein in a day anyways. I get nice and caffeined up before I hit the gym.

Squats I stopped going hard. I go light and hit it for about 20 reps. Sometimes a little heavier and 12-15. I found I get better results that way. I try to go all the way down. Lunges are great too. Sometimes I load up the leg press. I don't like loading up the squat rack anymore. Just doesn't do nothing for me.

Again I just lift for fun but that boy @riko will fill us with that knowledge.

SirIvyLeague likes this.