1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Awesome! What's the keto flu? If you had to guess how many carbs do you eat daily? Any exercise as well?

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The keto flu is when your body has trouble transitioning from using carbs for energy into using fat. It usually lasts a couple days but some folks don't experience it. I would guess between 30 and 40 carbs a day. I exercise lightly about 3 or 4x a week. One night of softball. No beer, only vodka water on nights out.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just hop on some steroids. Your wasting your time doing it naturally. Get shredded in 6 weeks in which it takes 8 years of natural lifting. I don't take anything yet but im looking into it.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

****ing aesthetic. You mirin yet?

6. SK34

SK34 Member

I need some help, so I used to do my arms and upper body the least because I always dreaded it. Now that I'm trying to balance my physique better but I feel like my arms don't seem to get big. Is it okay to work out arms every other day?

http://coachbethclark.blogspot.com/2013/03/body-beast-worksheets.html

That is the workout plan I'm using and I do feel like I'm getting good results. It just feels like my arms are getting the least results as well as my lats. What should I do?

My diet:
    Breakfast: 3 Eggs
    Snack: Protein Bar
    Lunch: Curry + Lettuce (No Carbs)
    Snack: Protein Drink (ISO 100 or MusclePharm)
    Gym:
    Dinner: Chicken Breast + Lettuce (sometimes Guac or Cottage Cheese) + Post Workout Protein Shake.

7. Movement_Is_Medicine

Frequency is a tool that's good for strength and hypertrophy. Hitting arms multiple times a week is perfectly fine, but I wouldn't train to failure in any of the sessions (maybe 1 of them).

Muscle growth is from a caloric intake above maintenance combined with resistance training, so if they're not growing, I'd up your total calories.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yeah - I doubt you're getting enough calories to bulk up. Eat more.

9. SK34

SK34 Member

The caloric intake that I have to increase would be in Protein? or Protein + Fats? I want to avoid carbs as much as possible because of my stomach area which has been the hardest thing to fix for me.

10. Movement_Is_Medicine

Without going into food intolerance/allergies, etc., you can tier it like this:

1) Calories
    2) Protein
    3) Carbs/Fats

Once you have a caloric goal in mind, look to get the protein you need first, then fill out the rest with any combination of carbs and fats you like.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It's difficult to "cut" - lose weight/fat and "bulk" at the same time. You need to eat differently to do both.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

you're doing it wrong.

read more, micromanage your diet less.

13. AB423

AB423 Member

I'm an ectomorph 5'7 160lbs, I want to to get leaner while losing belly fat. How many calories should I be consuming a day? I workout about 3-5 days a week.

14. Movement_Is_Medicine

There's not a set caloric level for body types. Everyone is different. Genetics, activity level, etc., all play a role into what your needs are.

You can start with ranges. If you're male and are pretty sedentary, take your bodyweight and multiply by 10-12. Use that for a few weeks and see if any changes happen. If you're really active throughout the day, multiply by 12-14.

In the end, keep it simple. If you're trying to cut, you'll eat less than you have been. If you're trying to gain muscle/bulk, you've gotta eat more. Start with those then get more detailed as those get easier.

AB423 likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Keto is the best diet for those looking to lose weight.

Combine it with Intermittent fasting and you will shrink at a much faster pace than you would imagine. IF also helps prevent saggy skin after major weight loss.

Another reason why I recommend it....It's the easiest to do. Meat and cheese to the finish line.

16. tmacfor35

Combine this with Intermittent Fasting and you won't plateau or have saggy skin.

IF is 16 or 18 hours of non eating per day. Gives you a 6-8 hour window to eat. Prevents excess insulin. Insulin helps the build up of fat in your body.

Weight loss is easy.

17. Movement_Is_Medicine

Best is subjective. The best diet/training is the one someone can stick with and be consistent. I've worked with people who don't do well on keto and others who don't do well on high carb/low fat. I do well with keto and use it at certain phases in my own training cycles. I even have a few MMA guys that I'll use that for in an "off-season" training phase.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

LOL @ still believing in somatotypes

19. tmacfor35

I think any diet where you can feed on meat/cheese and lose weight, it will be rather easy.

I'm sure you can testify that after going Keto and having a "carb" day, you can feel the effects that carbs have on your body. Joe Rogan has some cool podcast on this.

And As you know, you get to a point on Keto that you don't see food as the same anymore. You eat to hit macros. Hunger is pretty much gone and it's relatively easy to not eat for 48 hours if you choose too. That's an easy diet. Your body attacks your own body fat when hungry.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zhou Qi is definitely an ectomorph . . .