1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plenty of people run for cardio and have terrible form.

If you're getting your heart-rate up then technique doesn't matter. I can see how using different forms would be beneficial because they utilize muscles differently, but from a pure heart rate/cardio perspective it won't matter. Especially since you're looking to do this occasionally as a routine mixer-upper.

Plus, you can teach yourself proper form that is good enough since it isn't that difficult...although maybe i'm oversimplifying it since i did learn the forms as a kid.

2. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

I too want some anavar.. Where it at?????

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Too much of a hassle. I would get on a treadmill and do 4 sets of really fast running for 2 minutes a piece. Short and effective. Your heart will be pumping so fast that you might vomit.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Glutamine capsules mayne. I dont know if its a placebo effect but when i pop 2 all my sugar carb cravings go away. Its like an appetite suppressant. Mainly bought those for muscle recovery cuz my chest is always sore and painful.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What are you going to cycle it with?

6. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Probably just by itself. I'm not looking for monster gains.

7. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

haha on the first point: true...but that can also lead to injuries...

i do think the breast stroke doesn't seem too difficult....and seems to be just as effective. i don't even need to learn numerous strokes...breast stroke would be just fine.

my worry is not being able to get anything out of it...meaning if i'm doing it incorrectly or not a substantial pace it might be pointless for exercise. wanna make the time in the pool count ya know?

i feel like this is something i could do...fairly certain...but like you maybe i'm oversimplifying it..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m-s6Fy_vZOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#847 FlyerFanatic, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm a natural. I don't take any of the **** supplements or pre workouts or creatine etc that people try ot sell you on.

Good old whey protein, fish oil and a multi.

Rest is junk.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Get a punching bag, pull up bar, and a jump roap and call it a day.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im taking Bovine Colostrum capsules from Now Foods. Really cheap in price and underrated. what intrigues me is its benefits. Good for depression, immune system, mood, and most importantly, GAINZZZZZZ. Bench press doubled in reps.

Top supplements to get stronger.

Whey protein.
    creatine monohydrate
    bovine colostrum
    glutamine/fish oil caps to fight a catabolic state

11. FTW Rockets FTW

What's the best to take post workout along with whey protein?

I tried dextrose for a while as a quick carb for the insulin spike but I ran out of it.

Any other good post workout sup?

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I just make sure I get whey and a meal post workout. Pre, I like 5 hour energy, literally just take a sip and will last me 5 workouts. I also get creatine in before I workout. The other stuff can go thru the day with meals. I really want to shred but these gains wont let me. I want to bench 405 and weigh 200 lbs.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

If I had the choice of only taking one supplement it be secret sauce.... I have tried several different things for post workout but nothing has come close to this. I crossfit so by the time my workout is over my muscles are pretty much worn out. Next day soreness was routine and it was literally affecting me at work. Once I tried this the soreness went down a great deal and I feel great all the time. Now, soreness is a part of fitness and I doubt you expect that to go away but this product is by far the only product that made an instant impact and I could actually see and feel it work.

My fav supplement... Go grab a bottle at the vitamin shoppe

[​IMG]

14. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Have you tried Myogenix Aftershock Recovery? I'm curious how they would compare. I've recently started my aftershock again and made some quick gains.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

I haven't tried aftershock but when comparing the two you can see that they are two completely different products.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclemeds/secret-sauce.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/myo/after.html

Now based from my experience my body did not react well to whey protein as a post workout. Soreness and virtually no gains. Aftershock appears to be a protein shake mixed with some BCAA's and like most a little bit of creatine mh.

Now I will say this, I personally don't hold my supplements responsible for any of my gains. I believe gains are due to hard work and healthy eating. I do expect my supplements to help my body recover faster so that I may continue my workout routine which eventually turns into gains over time.

Try Secret Sauce :)..... I'm telling ya its amazing...

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Are you saying whey protein didn't help you with any gains, or that whey as a post workout didn't help you with any gains?

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Whey as a post workout.... Despite it being a fast absorbing protein my recovery was just not on point as it was with dark matter or secret sauce. I did away with whey period, the protein blend I take now is a Hydrolyzed Beef Protein and so far it has worked best for me. Look froward to trying out pro gainer from ON but its just so darn expensive.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

supplement companies...

AFTERSHOCK Fast Absorption Protein Blend™ (Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Lactose Free Whey Protein Isolate And High Growth Factor Ultra-Filtered Whey Protein Rich In Lactoferrins And Immunoglobulins), Glycogenx™: A Polymerized Glyconutrient Providing Cellular Rehydration And Glycogen Replenishment (Long Chain Polysaccharide Maltodextrin), Cane Juice Solids, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Vegetable Juice (For Color), Sucralose.

aka..hydrolyzed whey + maltodextrin + sucralose

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

LOL exactly.... Pretty much hydrolyzed whey with a lil something extra to make it sound fancy....

20. FTW Rockets FTW

What's the point in that case?

I might as well stick to my ON Vanilla Ice Cream Whey and Dextrose that is dirt cheap.

I'm looking for a sup to combine with my ON Whey Post workout. I'm not giving up on my ON whey.