1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

No, how are you liking it so far? I'm only on dat protein/glutamine time post workout.

[​IMG]

but that sucks brah - minor injuries are the worst because it feels like you should be able to work out normally, but you can't.

2. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Just posting a quick update since about a month ago (4/24/14)

So my bulk has been going very well still, gaining about a pound per week. Went from ~145 to ~150 lbs since my last post. Been kind of lazy with my clean bulk because the food just got so boring, so I've been taking more of an IIFYM approach. I seem to be plateauing on chest and having trouble growing muscle there, while arms and back are definitely getting noticeably bigger. Any tips for me to help chest growth? I've been keeping my reps around 4-6, but seeing little improvement.

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Lift heavy and eat more

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

After a month and a half of ultra-strict dieting (no cheat days, no booze), I finally legitimately hit single digit 9% bodyfat. Of course followed it up by drinking and a cheat day today. Back on the grind tomorrow, strict again until at least July 4th, striving for dat 6-7% Rodman23 bf time.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^^^ also, I think I finally figured it out... at ~1800 calories/day, my strength isn't just plateauing, which would be fine in a cut (even slight loss), but I'm starting to get stronger again. Dialed the cardio way back, stopped doing HIIT (20-30 min) and switched it to LISS (60 min). Not recommending for everyone, just saying it's working for me.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

congrats, bro. hope to see some before and after pics.:) i might start strict dieting soon too and post progress. i miss being shredded

1 person likes this.
  7. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Recently sprained my ankle pretty seriously (2 weeks ago) playing the game I love and since then I've lost any motivation to exercise or pay attention to my diet.
    Before that incident, I was on a 2200 cal a day strict diet while incorporating sprints, plyo and a weight training routine. Gotta get back on track this week..

8. SK34

SK34 Member

I'm so inconsistent.. FUDGE!

9. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Can you guys suggest which is the best isolated/ lean protein powder. I don't want the mass protein. I'm looking more for lean mass protein. Let me know you suggestions. Need to go buy tomorrow

10. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

what the **** is lean mass protein? :confused:

protein is protein...

i think what you want is low calorie protein powder which the majority of the main ones have very little calories.

1 person likes this.
  11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

hit your macro's, lift well, sleep.

ain't complicated.

12. moose

moose Member

what y'all know about flax seed oil?

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

been using this for the past two years and it works for me. it's lean. i take it along with modern bcaa sometimes.

two and a half years ago, was 6'1" and 160. gotten up to a stable 195 now. started a thread some time ago and a few folks insisted i work out to motivate my other half. very easily the best shape i've been in. thx, cf.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CmxjP0XeXAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

does anyone use mct oil? thoughts on it?

trying to figure out if the benefits are discernibly different than regular organic EV coconut oil.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I just ate 4 hard-boiled eggs.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Any digital food scale recommendations?

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Anybody have basketball-centric workouts? I am not feeling the workout my coach gave me.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

need more info, do u mean workouts that help you peform better in basketball? i.e. increase vertical/lateral speed/etc

1 person likes this.
  20. HPD

HPD Member

6 beers down ..Half a pizza ...working on sum wings. Let go Rangers. Gotta love NHL playoffs