1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[work advice] Facing bullying, should I stay at my current job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by W22_STREAK, Jul 19, 2015.

1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

What the hell is a fish finger?

2. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I work in a similar work environment, which is 99% males, small company, all young (20-30 yr olds) and some hard labor. This type of work environment is going to almost always be a bloodbath, as there are no females to look at all day, and you are almost always competing with other guys all day. It is just human nature. Please do not take this the wrong way, but you obviously are not cut out for it. You sound like a nice, good hearted guy but you should probably be in a more relaxed, co-ed workspace with no labor involved.

This "alpha-male" sounds like a douchebag for sure, and he probably has insecurity issues he is dealing with, so he looks for someone weaker to pick on. Either learn how to shut him out and not let his bs get to your head, or get out of there and find somewhere that is less stress and less hostile.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I still think you should pee on him.

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

with the looks of a Korean pop star. Gold.

As an alpha male of another race, I would accept you.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

OP, you seem like someone who wants everyone's approval. That's not gonna happen all the time in your short life.

Have you seen Gran Torino? If at the very least, you can shoot **** and hang out with the other co-workers, then it's all gravy should you want to continue working.

As for loyalty. In business life, it's all about value. When you start out, loyalty is an ideal goal, but it's not as valuable if you're coming from the very bottom. That's because your business worth is much lower than the possible gains of screwing you over in the future (overtime/no bonus/no raise/no benefits).

Your word is another thing to maintain in life and in business, so speaking honestly and forthrightly to whomever did you a favor is much more appreciated than staying loyal and miserable.

In this case, it seems like you know this job is out of your comfort zone. Where can you see yourself in 2 years slogging through this? 6-pak abs (sooooo hawt) and a field manager title?

Seriously though. In these days, I'd commend you for choosing this job if you have more peaceful and air conditioned options. We live in very entitled times. Putting in work and pushing on is a very good trait to maintain, but for me, I have to weigh the cost of that sacrifice. Is this to get your feet in the door for something better, or is it just a life lesson in repaying loyalty and winning the approval of yet another person besides yourself?

Finally, see a counselor or a trained professional. If you don't have coverage for it, there are free services around for people to listen. You might think you're proud to seek help, but life is short and this board isn't going to make your self imposed misery go away sooner.

1 person likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You need to hit the gym hard and avoid fried crap like fish fingers.

Go lift hard and get the aesthetics and confidence and your looks may improve too

1 person likes this.
  8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Kill the boy W22_STREAK, and let the man be born.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Got it, so you are arrogant.

Have you considered the possibility that it is you, and not all these other people. Which is likely, all of these people from different places and at different points in time......... or you, the one constant.

Ahh I know that "kind of guy"? So you think you are better than everyone as well.

I wonder why no one was on your side?

They don't identify with you or you don't identify with them? You earlier said you get along with almost everyone... but apparently that isn't the case.

Just be aware that you are going to have problems regardless of your education. There is something going on, and you can either blame everyone else or you can look at yourself and find what part of this is your fault.... you can do this by listening to people.

Is it ALL your fault? No, I doubtful but I bet some of it is, and you can only control what you do.

10. Nook

Nook Member

You have never hooked up with a drunk coed on the L on the way back from Wrigley Field have a day of drinking????

Come on... I cannot be the only one.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Can you provide more explanation as to how this is still an issue with you even though it is 5+ months since the 'bullying' stopped?

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can't really relate as I am hideous, but I suppose you should just leave. Sounds like you don't even like the job.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't believe he did without a video of him peeing on the accused, two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and Clutch taking notes, and W22_STREAK's grandma to confirm his identity.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

In light of this new information from the OP, I suggest:

Step 1) acquire katana
    Step 2) join r/katanas
    Step 3) ??
    Step 4) profit

You think this guy takes any guff?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OYWGF8Hrkg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

someone sounds like a toolbag

16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First time I've ever heard of someone referring to themself as a "pretty boy".

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

You one of them boys that have a victim mentality. I know some people like this and it's because they're self absorbed and hard headed.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I love your posts. Bravo

19. s.b713

s.b713 Member

If it was me, I'd call that dude out n chew his ass out n threaten to get physical. But then we certainly have different personalities. Like others have mentioned I'd move on to a different job but imo you need to be more confident n assertive of yourself otherwise you might have issues in other places since there's always dudes like that everywhere. I don't know man maybe work out? work on your physical appearance maybe that can you give you more confidence ?

20. Nook

Nook Member

"Hey hey rural redneck brah with the small head and I suspect only have a high school degree. It is I, the Korean pop star! I am here to get physical with you because of something you did in January. Are you ready for fist-a-cuffs? Stupid white alpha male, prepare to be chewed out!"

2 people like this.