1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Words from a Mormon Jazz fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sofine81, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Yesterday I was watching TV at my house, When I saw walking up my drive-way, two young boy in their early 20's with backpacks on their backs. Yes it was the Mormons.

Well, they tried to convert me, but that didnt work. Well, to make a pretty long story short, he said he was from Utah, I believe it was Provo to be exact. Well, I asked him if he was a Jazz fan. He exclaimed that he was the BIGGEST Jazz fan in the world. Boy I felt like kicking him out of my house. But that wouldnt have been the "Christian" thing to do huh?

Well, now to the meat of the story. We were talking Rockets, and Jazz, and he was saying how his Jazz was about to be in the "Dog-House" of the league. Which really made me smile.

But then he said that he really loved Yao Ming. He thought we had a really good thing going here in Houston with Steve and Cat, and Yao.

But he said that he didnt think the Rockets would make it into the playoffs if we held on to Eddie G. who he descibed as a "lazy 4 who camps on the 3 point line". Then he went on to say we would do better if we moved Steve to the 2 and brought in a point guard. He also said we wouldnt make the playoffs with Moochie "Im a dumb butt" Norris as our back-up point guard.

Well, I know that NONE of this is new news at all. But I did think you guys may want to know how obvious some of our weaknesses are to the rest of the fans in this massive NBA market.

Thank you for your time.

2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I have had mormon friends in the past and they are the nicest people I know, but will argue until the cows come home.

If you mention 2 words: Malone and Flop.

They respond with Olajuwan and Travelling.

Did this happen to come up?

Burg

3. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Did you steal their bikes?

4. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

are you sure you weren't talking to yourself.

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Olajuwon's patented moves are not travelling. I haven't ever heard anyone but Jazzfan accuse him of travelling.

Question: is there a widespread belief that Olajuwon's Dream Shake is travelling?

6. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

They are such nice people but your right they do love to argue.

Well, I mentioned how the Rockets ran over the Jazz in the run to the title. Then he mentioned the infamous shot by Stockton, and laughed and laughed. :mad:

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yes...in Utah and Phoenix. :D

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Only by Jazz Fan

I hope the league will not soon forget what an awesome player Olajuwan was. He is in a class of his own. :p

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

No, but there is a widespread belief that Kareem traveled every time on the sky hook. And that Jordan carried the ball.

I seem to remember a huge travel by Ewing in a playoff game winning shot that was not called, but I cannot place it.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I would have kicked that Jazz fan out of my house.

I would have kicked my ass out of the house for living in Utah.

Not that there is anything wrong with living in Utah, it's just not my style. Maybe for Karl Malone, but not for Kam.

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

You laugh, but that actually happened to me.

Luckily, I later found the guy riding my bike and got it back.

:)

12. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Sometimes I look at the old school tapes with my cousins, there were occasions that Dream did travel. But when you have a patent move those things are over looked. "AI and his cross over" "Jordan and the phantom fouls" "Malone and the flops" Shaq and the BullDozer" "Hakeem and the Shake" Not saying it happens everytime but if you pay close attention sometimes they do seem to take one to many steps. Carry the ball 1.5 seconds longer in the air. I watched some tapes on Jordan and he has a move that he does that he always switches his pivot foot on. I didnt notice until my cousin pointed it out to me on tape. But when your that good, you can do that... :D

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well he did have to travel from Lagos, Nigeria to H-town

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

Hakeem absolutely did travel. No doubt about it. In fact, from time to time, he got called for it and always responded with that "huh??!!??" look on his face. lol

Anyway, all the best players in the league, throughout history, have been allowed to bend the rules. Hakeem's moves were so graceful, I think it hid the fact that he traveled alot.

15. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

This happened to me about 10 years ago. This really hot chick and her mom came to our house.

I was way too flippant and probably shouldve gone along with it. However, the chick was way too serious and the logistics of asking a girl out during her mission just seemed impossible.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Next time, throw a coke on them as they are leaving.

17. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

BS, traveling is traveling..

should be called no matter who is doing it..

what is the point of having rules if your not going to universaly enfore them?:eek:

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No pictures???

(j/k!! ;) )

19. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Sofine, you DID answer back that Stockton wouldn't have gotten that shot off if not for Malone's bear hug on Clyde, right? Right??

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes Dream trevelled. The dream shake did not involve a travel. Dream didn't travel on every single possession or even most of them. But sometimes he did, and sometimes he committed fouls too.

My friend who was a mormon whot went to BYU but is from Houston, aboslutely hated the Jazz. He once got tickets fairly close behind the Jazz owner for a Jazz Rockets game, and did nothing but heckle the Jazz onwer the whole time. He also said he couldn't stand Jazz fans.