1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Wood punished for breaking a team rule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 1, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is a complex situation and there are lots of conversations - in the end, none of what you think or I think matters, this is just fun to discuss.

DD

javal_lon and BallaDoc like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

kpj is 21 and on a 4 million or so deal .

he may have attitude problems, but I don’t see the same entitlement wood has .

waiting a whole year just to get a late first for wood seems like too much effort for a small reward .

I think kpj is better than wood . For everything wood “does” on offense , he gives it back on D ... AND he seems to put up numbers when we are down 20 . I have very rarely see him do anything of impact when the game is close or in the clutch

aaquaa, glimmertwins and vince like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's not complex at all -- in fact its quite simple.

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I just watched the first half focusing on wood. On offense he was lazy and shot contested threes, several off the dribble. Didn’t get back on defense repeatedly. Otherwise showed little effort. My guess - he was hung over from NYE, missed Covid test,and wasn’t in any condition to play basketball from being hung over.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure but I don't think u are consistent. This guy is for sure as hell a bigger diva than Harden ever was. But your hesitant to get rid of wood in fear or being a shttier team when we are already at the bottom is just weird. I figured u would b one of the more vocal ones to get rid of diva like players.

aaquaa and javal_lon like this.
  6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

He was pouting. He did it in a game earlier this season too. It’s easy to see when he’s sandbagging it, because he usually is so focused on getting his shots that when he’s being passive it stands out.

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  7. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Great. See ya trade value….Of course Harden wouldn’t want to play with this fool. He takes 3’s like he is curry and is dumb as dirt on defense. I’ll take 2- 2nd rounders

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I disagree, mental health is never simple.

DD

BallaDoc likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This due has quit on the team multiple times. We won't get anything of value for him in a trade and he doesn't make any team he's on better. Christian Wood is a certified loser and I hope he realizes that.

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, we need to sit down and talk one day. Lol
    We agree on a lot!

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AleksandarN likes this.
  12. vince

vince Member

Wood got sold on an illusion. He thought he was going to be playing alongside Harden and Westbrook. The Rockets were on the cusp of an NBA title, and Woods signed a relatively bargain type of 3 year deal with the Rockets. He wanted to showcase he could be more than a support star. Kudos to Wood for taking this type of deal, and believing in himself.

And just like that Harden and Westbrook bolt! Both demanded trades, abandoning Woods aspirations of NBA competitiveness. I actually feel bad for Wood, as he gambled on himself and what he could bring to a title contender Rockets team.

Then, the Rockets went full rebuild, instead of trying to build around Wood. Hence Wood is probably justified in wanting out. His heart isn’t in a full rebuild… He can’t showcase his ability when he’s a third or 4th star on a title contender. He’s such a liability defensively, that the promise of a max contract might be waning.

The Rockets will be better served to trade him, but the return might not be true value as the market value might underwhelm a lot of us. But it’s better to let a guy walk instead of doing a bad deal…

Nonetheless, Wood is only signed through next season so, his salary won’t inhibit roster moves when the Rockets start playing high stakes chess with their pieces on the court.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

I think we've seen this guy at Rockets game.

[​IMG]

@theDude

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I haven’t heard of any coaching complaints about Green. He makes every morning practice, he is considered coachable and works on his shooting outside of practice. He has some innocence or immaturity, but he is 19 years old and doesn’t seem to have any real emotional issues. He will likely be fine and other former professional players that were around him in the G-League said he already understands what it means to be a professional basketball player.

Green has been playing very well after a slow start and is getting his points without forcing it. Going forward he needs to contribute outside of shooting and scoring, but he is a rookie and I expect improvement.

Green is the centerpiece of the Rockets rebuild at this point. Negative influences on the court and major disrupters off the court need to be dealt.

vince, TMac'n, Invisible Fan and 7 others like this.
  15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Along with the issues that Wood and KPJ has, the buck stops with the coach. Players that respect their coaches don’t just show up late or leave the arena halfway through a game. It’s clear Silas is losing the team. There’s a lot of blame to go around because there’s no leadership.

AroundTheWorld and aaquaa like this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

there have multiple games this year where you could argue CWood dominated. He dominated the Charlotte win. He dominated the 2 point Laker loss. He dominated the Bulls win. He dominated the first Thunder win. Beyond that he’s had a number of solid games.

KPJ has had maybe one breakout game - the Charlotte win. He’s had a couple solid games and beyond that a bunch of meh games.

they’re both weak defensively though I guess you could say KPJ is better defensively (though after last nights effort against Campezo that’s sad to say).

I don’t think there’s a GM or ranking on the planet right now that would rank KPJ over Wood.

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So is it nothing new or is this the first sign of trouble?

Completely degrading horseshit of a take where women somehow hold accountability for Kevin Porter and Christian Wood. Absolute nonsense.

Combining two words with an apostrophe...what do you call it?

18. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Right. I must've been reading with my a55 - thought you were talking about cramps or sth.
    [​IMG]

Dankstronaut likes this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You can try to debunk my statement if you want to but everyone knows both of these players have had issues in other organizations before Houston. Here in Houston they've been showing their immaturity during live game action. Fans see it and they see it too. Now a coach calls it out in a way they don't like for the first time now they don't want to play. That's bs behavior and you know it. You want to go hold a class talking about writing and reading go do that. If you don't understand what I'm writing why respond? Get out your emotions and accept the fact that this is a man's game and these two players are not behaving like men.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Maybe you should attend class. Reading comprehension would definitely help you out. I'm objecting to the sexism presented in your posts you spoon.

These are men. Immaturity or otherwise. Hold men accountable for their actions and quit blaming women who literally aren't even a part of the situation.