1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wood punished for breaking a team rule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

@Nook is da man.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Remember Steve Francis super bowl party suspension?

Patience likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Take your "men aren't allowed to have emotions and if they do they're women" bullshit back to the 19th century where it belongs, while you meltdown about grown men playing a game on a fan forum. Also, learn how contractions work smart guy.

YOU ARE = YOU'RE

YOUR = SHOWS POSSESSION

YOU'RE a fool.

YOUR take is garbage.

cmlmel77 and akiracy like this.
  4. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Haha. Actually he DOES look like Pippen. Also a b****.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I remember well.

I also think I remember an interview of him saying he regrets doing it.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya I don't get it. One thing you'll never hear from Green is missing practice, lashing back at coaches, not following team rules etc. He has his head on straight along with the other 19 year olds on the team and KJM. If he does bust which looks less likely game by game, it ain't going to be because of off the court issues.

#146 fchowd0311, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    tehG l i d e and xaos like this.
  7. fchowd0311

Did you acrue any PTO?

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This was a major red flag earlier in the season. Major. I had only seen anything like it once before in Houston, and that was when Tracy McGrady did it a long time ago. Both incidents were disgusting. Now Wood has done it again. If everything is as it has been reported, it’s probably time for Christian Wood to go. Such a waste.

9. MystikArkitect

Cut KPJ.

Trade Wood for whatever. Make sure to get a high draft pick and develop the 4 rookies this year. Should've traded the twig when we could get a late 1st for him.

dragonwill and jcmoon like this.
  10. fchowd0311

With Tmac, at least he had a career before him of being an actual legitimate superstar and therefore would have earned more leeway for being an ******* for a game.

And that's the biggest issue with Wood. He thinks he's a bigger star than he is. Actually the fact that he thinks he's a star at all shows how inflated his self perception is as a player. Best case he's a contributing 4th option on a winning team.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why I never gave a flying fark about this dude.

Not an asset I would want to hold.

aaquaa and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. conquistador#11

Will he have 41 days of knee tendinitis or listed as such on the "injury" report. wink wink

13. the shark

the shark Member

Some of these clowns are CLUELESS how blessed they are to be PAID (millions of $) to play a F'n game!!

That said you can't hide cray cray as it will eventually rear it's head as will someone who's selfish!!

Get rid of these two and give their minutes to guys who GET IT!!

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You can condone being a loser if you want to. Winning consist of pushing through the obstacles that come even when you don't feel like it or things are difficult. We need fighters not guys that fold under the first sign of trouble. The current issues that these guys are going through is nothing new for them. These guys aren't rookies anymore. So like I said if these guys want to act like women in a men's professional league get a sex change and go over there and as far as I'm concerned you can do the same too.

15. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Contractions?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's be 100% clear here......

So, Wood breaks a team rule about Covid and his punishment is "You are not going to start"

THAT is ****ING WEAK!!!!!

Sit his ass out for violating team rules......I mean that is about as soft as a new born babies ass......you don't get to start.....

THen you play him in the first half and he BITHCES his way out of the game.

Our org is a mess, no leadership at all.

DD

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, I think that is part of the problem he is trying to lead, but no one is following, because he is the only one that thinks of himself as a leader.

DD

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You could potentially get a late first for Wood trading him at the deadline next year just as an expiring with talent. EG a 4-8 seed in either conference trading salary and a first for him (not that you’d necessarily want whatever salary they were offering back).

my point being it be incredibly moronic to trade him for **** right now.

and all the attitude aside… he is incredibly good when he doesn’t have attitude. Not all star incredible but really good. Not as the main guy but consider him as “a guy” added to almost any playoff squad right now. Said team obviously needs strong leadership and culture…

again point being don’t trade him for crap.

KPJ is the bigger concern for me… not from an attitude perspective (they both suck) but from a talent and traceability perspective. I personally really really really don’t like His game style playing PG, think it hurts the other players that are developing a lot, and don’t see any team giving anything of value for him.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Boo-boo boys
    and
    the B*tch Boys

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You are all over the place -- focus.

Nook, Squirtle and xaos like this.